"Do you think there's something going on between Hunter and Alexis?" Nate asked, intently looking at them.

"I'm not sure," I thoughtfully said. "Sometimes they seem like they're a couple but that'd be weird seeing as he's still sleeping around with half of our school... Maybe they're friends with benefits?"

Nate frowned. "I don't believe that. Alexis doesn't seem like the kind of girl to agree to something like that."

I couldn't hold back an amused grin. "You think? I didn't realize you knew her that well."

"I don't," he admitted. "I'd like to, though. She seems nice."

"Nice," I echoed with a chuckle. "Why don't you just ask her out then?"

Nate shifted around uncomfortably. "I don't think that'd be a good idea. I mean, have you seen her? She could have everyone! Why would she be interested in me?"

I looked over at him, surprised by the distressed tone in his voice. "But you're-"

"Just leave it be," he interrupted me sternly. "I would just make a fool of myself. I don't do relationships anyway."

The teachers spared me an answer to that as they now stepped into the middle of the circle and started talking.

"Silence!" a blond, slim teacher shouted, eyeing every single one of us with her hands on her hips until it was finally quiet.

"Wow," Nate whispered. "I didn't know this was a boot camp."

"I'm Mrs. Hennig," she said. "I'll be the female go-to person for you, girls. If you have a problem, you can come to me." She paused for a moment, waiting for some murmurs to die down. "So, the plan for tonight will be as following: At first you'll have time to explore this camping site. But, and this is the most important rule for the next few days: do not leave the camping site without the permission of a teacher. Do you understand?"

Everyone muttered in agreement until she continued: "Afterwards we'll have dinner...that'll be in thirty minutes, and when that's over we will have a night hike. We don't care when you'll go to sleep, but you aren't allowed to leave your tents after 12 pm. Unless you want to use the bathroom, of course. Are we clear?"

Again everyone nodded. "Good. You're dismissed then."

Nate and I got up along with all the others, but didn't come very far, as Mrs. Hennig suddenly pointed a finger at us. "You and you!" she shouted after Nate and me and beckoned us over to her.

I exchanged a puzzled look with him. Had we done something wrong?

"Yes?" I nervously asked.

"Don't look at me like that, I'm not punishing you guys for anything," she said and, to both our surprise, laughed lightly. "I just want to talk about the night hike. It's a tradition that every year, a few students follow the group and scare them when they walk past the old cemetery. Would you guys like to take care of that this year?"

"Uhm, sure," I said after exchanging a quick look with Nate. That actually sounded quite fun. "Will anyone else be with us?"

"Yes. Mr. Smith will be there too, just follow him as soon as the group leaves the camping site." She looked at us, waiting for any more questions. When neither of us said anything, she nodded briefly. "Alright. See you around. And don't go too far with the prank, got that?"

"She really has kind of a sergeant-thing going on," Nate stated with narrowed eyes as soon as she was out of earshot. "Dude, do you know how we can scare them?"

"Jump out of the bushes and scream?"

Nate sent me a blank stare. "The only thing scary about that is your lack of imagination. I have a better plan: How about we lure some people away from the group? They'll be terrified to suddenly find themselves alone."