27✧

Harry

I dump out the coffee remaining in my travel cup in the teacher's lounge metal sink when my name is called over the scratchy intercom. Usually I don't stress when that asshole wants to see me but it sounded like an emergency. Most of the other teachers on break looked at me side eyed or sympathetic for me.

When I make my way down the steps and over to the small space, I see someone sitting there small and confused.

Louis looks at me with panic in his eyes and I try not to showcase to the man waiting for us that I want to crawl in a ditch. Did he find out? Did someone see us doing something? We're so fucked. I could go to jail. My mom and Robin will be so disappointed in me. I haven't even got a cat yet.

"Mr. Styles please take a seat next to Mr. Tomlinson. We have to discuss something." The principal sits back in his computer chair and points with his sausage looking finger. I look one more time to Lou and his eyebrows squint down silently asking if I had anything to do with this. I shake my head no.

Aw look at us being cute and speaking telepathically before being exposed.

"As you may know, there is a word spreading around the school and I wanted to hear from you both. So I had you both come in as soon as I finished several meetings." He projected to both of us sitting there and I feel my right foot start tapping away.

Would I look good in a jumpsuit? Do I even have a skype account? Will Louis get expelled? We won't even get to have HarryLouis babies! Breathe, shut up Harold. Harold isn't even your name. Soon enough it'll be fresh meat.

"The fair is officially set up and ready to go but we have space to fill in. That's where you two come in." He takes a deep breath and his trimmed nails tap against his wood desk rapidly. Louis sighs loudly next to me and I almost got sick on myself from relief.

The school fair is set up every year at this time. It's been up there outside for a couple of days, but the big whooping premiere is this evening. The event is all about raising money for the homeless, having random colorful stands. As long as you're making pounds. Fuck that guy for almost giving me cardiac arrest.

"Louis, you're a newbie, this is your chance to make frien-" He starts before being cut off.

"I have friends." Louis snapped next to me and shot him a look at the word newbie.

"Okay. Um-Mr. Styles, we needed another young staff member. I don't think students want 50 year olds running an event for teens and younger fellas." I nod at his statement. That'd be awkward.

"So those are your reasons why you chose us? Aren't there any other 'newbies' or 'young staff'?" The younger boy air quotes sitting up in the maroon leather seat.

"You need community service anyways with those detentions and grades. He would know." My boss snaps back and Louis quiets down rolling his eyes, one of his many talents.

"What if I have plans? I have a life. I'm 17 years of age." Louis puts force on his words. He's in a mood today.

"I called your mom. She said that you don't have work today or any emergencies. So you should be fine." The guy claps and smiles.

"We'll do it...I guess. I don't think I have a choice anyways. I mean, I was going to go house shopping for supplies but I guess not. I should stop talking, huh?" I blab and the man gives me a look as if he's mentally saying 'why did I hire him again?'.

"Yeah you should, be here at 6. That's when it's crowded." He gives a tight smile and waves his hand shooing us like flies. I open the heavy door, letting Louis exit first.