Chapter 15

"JIMMY?! AREN'T YOU GOING TO SAY SOMETHING!? FUCKIN EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!"

"I... uh... didn't mean it?"

"Is that a question or a statement?" She asks, fire burning deep behind her grey eyes.

"It's just a bunch of words, why are you freaking out?"

"BECAUSE ITS NOT JUST A BUNCH OF WORDS!! THOSE WORDS ACTUALLY HAVE MEANING AND YOU KNOW IT!"

"WHATS THE BIG DEAL?! IT WAS SOMETHING I SAID WHEN I WAS HALF ASLEEP!" I yell, my voice getting screechy.

Whatser- Kelli keeps pacing back and forth, with a very stressed look written on her face.

"You CAN'T love me. You just can't!"

I get up from the bed and place my hands on her shoulders, trying to look her in the eye, but she quickly turns her head away to her left, her face covered by her hair.

"Kelli, look at me." I say calmly.

"No," She whimpers, her voice cracking.

"Kelli..."

She turns her head slowly... she's... crying... I don't say a word and wrap her in my arms. After a little bit, I whisper into her hair, "I'm sorry." She starts crying harder, her legs giving out, and I try to hold her up with all my strength. She starts shaking.

"Whatsername?" I whisper, getting really worried.

She doesn't answer.

Well fuck, I think I triggered something.

"Whats- Kelli... talk to me. Please? I'm so sorry, I didn't know I would trigger this, I'm so sorry."

"Skylar?"

"Go away." She mumbles.

My eyes adjust to the darkness. I see a girl, obviously Skylar, curled up on her bed on her side, her back to me. I make my way slowly to the bed, careful not to trip on anything or step on anything. I put my knee up onto the mattress and crawl over to Skylar.

"Go away." She mumbles once she feels the mattress shift under my weight.

"I'm sorry."

"Go. Away." She mumbles again.

"I'm so sorry he left you."

Silence... then... "He said he loved me... he never meant it. Not once." Her voice is extremely shaky.