Chapter 2

Skylar: hey... we're outside

Me: ok, I'll open up in a second

I finish tossing my band shirts in my suitcase, and head to the front door. Before I open the door, I take note of Skylar's voice, it has such a light and... almost merry tone to it.

I hear Sky and Jason laugh.

I hear Jason's voice, it has such a carefree tone... he must be goofing around. I think to myself, as I hear Skylar laugh again. I push the door open, to see Skylar dying of laughter, and Jason smiling widely and proudly.

"Hey guys." I say, causing them to look away from each other.

"Heyyy!" Sky exclaims, throwing her arms around me, as she usually does when she greets me.

"You guys ready?" I ask, looking at Jason over Sky' shoulder as she continues to hug me.

She pulls away (to my disappointment) and happily nods her head.

They drag their small suitcases to the living room and continue to follow me to my room.

"What band shirts did you pack?" Skylar asks.

"Blink-182, Green Day, Ramones, Sum 41.. And so much more!" I say, sounding like a commercial for band shirts. "How about you?" I ask Sky.

"Ohh just the usual." She says, which probably means Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens, Avril Lavigne, and Evanescence. "Oh! Jimmy!" Sky says excitedly, grabbing my arm. "Guess what I did last night!"

"Uh... I dunno."

"I listened to more Green Day songs, they're really good! So far my favorite song is American Idiot... ooh! Or Jesus of Suburbia!"

I smile. "Sky? Remember the days you listened to Pop?" I say, trying not to laugh.

"And you said you would never listen to the 'blasphemy' we listen to?" Jason adds, laughing.

"Yeah... well..." Sky says, beginning to get flustered. "Time changes things.. And people." She say in a matter-of-fact way.

Jason smiles, and so do I.

Sky sighs and plops down on my bed, sitting next to my suitcase.

"Jimmy?"

"Yo."

"What time are we leaving at?"

"Soon, my parents should be done getting ready any minute."