Chapter 6

1 month later...

"This was a great idea, Jimmy!" Sky says, seating herself in the chair at a café on the Hudson River that has a fantastic view of the New York City Skyline. "I think it's really cool that you saved up money to do this." She smiles.

"Well, I thought it would be fun to do this with you... going out like this." I say picking up my coffee.

She reaches over and picks up her hot chocolate. Even though it's the dead of summer, Sky never drinks coffee, only hot chocolate. As a matter of fact, of all places, why did I choose a café if she hates coffee?... think, Jimmy! Think! Hopefully she won't think much of it.

Sky tilts her head, and smiles at me, giving me an affectionate look.

"What?" I ask her, smiling.

"Nothing," She says, still smiling and shaking her head.

"No tell me!" I say, urging her, playing with her feet with mine.

She giggles and shakes her head.

"Awe, come on, Sky!"

"I was just thinking about how cute you looked, with your Green Day shirt and that vest... and the eyeliner I dared you to wear."

"I gotta admit," I say looking at my reflection in my phone screen, "You were right, I do look good with eyeliner!" I laugh.

Skylar takes a quick look at her phone, then looks at me and smiles.

"Who ya texting?" I ask, getting a little jealous.

"Jason, he wants to know where I am."

"You didn't tell him, right?"

"Well, actually, I did, because I didn't see the harm in telling him."

I stare at her. "Why would you...? Never mind." I say, shaking my head.

"Well it's not like he's going to come, I mean, I told him we were going to Pier C."

Damn it, Sky! I want to say. I know Jason is going to be there. But I had a plan to sit under the beautiful flowers and talk, and laugh. So, no matter what, I'm going to I'm not gonna let Jason mess this up, he's NOT going to control me, nor my plans.

"Well," I say, getting up. "Shall we go to the park?" I say, imitating an English gentlemen.

Sky giggles, and nods her head.

We arrive at Pier C and sit down under a tree on the grassy green hill. As soon as Sky lays her head on my chest, a familiar voice calls from behind.