Chapter 7

~The next day~

It was early in the morning, the sun was only just beginning to rise so it was still somewhat dark. But rustling of leaves quickly startles Kaname awake to see Zero leaving the group and heading off somewhere. Slowly Kaname raised to his feet, stretched and then followed the other wolf. 

Zero seemed to already of noticed Kaname following him and stopped walking which made Kaname who was behind him stop walking. "Why are you following me?" Zero asked as he turned around to look at the other male. 

"Well, I don't know where you were going," Kaname replied. "Plus it's still dark and it's suspicious to be walking away from the group," Kaname added. 

Zero rolled his eyes at Kaname's pure stupidity. "Can't I go for a piss?" Zero asked and turned back around. 

"Is that what you're really going to do?" Kaname said with a firm tone. 

"No, I'm going for a walk." 

"Then I'll come with you seeming I am already up." 

Zero growled angrily. It was like the other didn't trust him. "What trouble do you think I am going to cause?! You have no reason to think I'm going to do something wrong." Zero stated angrily towards the Alpha.

"That's not it! I don't want you to get hurt and none of us know." Kaname snapped back. Zero turned his head and looked at him, his eyes almost seemed wide but before Kaname could get a good look at the other, Zero turned away and looked at the ground. 

"Come on then." Zero said and began walking off again. Kaname began following him, watching him closely. Not out of suspicion but he wanted to understand Zero's feelings. It's not like Zero would actually tell him. So it's more like Kaname had to take a lucky guess. 

~

Zero and Kaname came to a stop at a cliff. The sun gave the sky a bright tint of colors. The two sat there and admired the view. Kaname mentally thanked Zero for waking him up even if the other didn't mean to. Kaname looked at Zero who was admiring the view happily. Slowly he leaned closer and licked Zero's cheek making the other look at him. 

Zero leaned closer and licked Kaname's nose making Kaname happy from the 'Reply' he got. "Zero....did you know...when you were in the chamber chained to the wall...you made a rumbling sound." Kaname began to speak. 

"Yeah I remember that." Zero said and moved closer to Kaname, just until their bodies were touching. 

"Well I looked it up and apperently Its a matint call." Kaname finsihed and looked at Zero. 

"So...are you my mate?" Zero asked curiusly and tilted his head to the side slightly. 

"Do you want me to be?" Kaname asked. 

"What if I said yes?" 

"Then I'd say I'd be happy with being your mate." 

"...Then....yes...I do want you to be my mate." Zero said honestly. 

"Then I'm happy I am your mate." Kaname replied. 

The two stared at each other before gently pressing their noses together. "You better be telling the truth." Zero almost growled out. 

"Oh I am." Kaname replied and at that moment neither of them felt more happy.