Chapter 4

It was getting dark and there was nowhere to go. They were currently in the woods just outside of town. 

Kaname laid down next to a tree and the others were about walking about. Zero had disappeared somewhere, nobody knew where he went. The sound of a rabbit struggling caught everyones attention and then the sound of a bone or perhaps neck breaking could be heard. Zero came out of the bushes holding a limp rabbit by the neck with his teeth. 

Everyone looked at him before continuing to walk around. Zero dropped the rabbit and then sat down in front of it and looked at everyone else. Kaname stood up and then walked over to Zero making Zero look at him. Kaname smelled the rabbit and then licked it's open wound. He was hungry...real hungry.  But Kaname backed away not wanting to eat Zero's food and went back to his spot and laid down. 

Kaname then closed his eyes trying to get some sleep but no use with his stomach growling in hunger. Kaname heard something drop in front of his face and opened his eyes to see the dead rabbit. 

"Eat it." Zero said making Kaname's ear's perk up on his head. "No thanks it's yours." Kaname said and turned away from Zero only to have Zero throw the rabbit at his face. "Kaname just take the god damn food." Zero stated and Kaname's stomach rumbled loudly. Kaname sighed and then turned his head towards the rabbit and began eating it. Once the rabbits whole stomch was gone Kaname looked up at Zero and then gently licked the side of his cheek as a thank you. Zero ran off into the bushes ready to catch some other animals.

~

After a hour everyone had eaten what Zero had caught even though they were a little reluctent. Night had soon grazed the sky and the stars started coming out. Yuki was huddled next to Ruka, Aido was cuddled with Kain and Takuma and Shiki were cuddled together. Kaname looked around for Zero and spotted him near a tree.

Kaname stood up and made his way over to the tree and sat down next to Zero. Zero perked his ears up and looked up at Kaname curiously. "Mind if I join you?" Kaname asked curiosuly. Zero shook his head as a no and Kaname laid down beside Zero quietly. Zero put his chin on his paws and and then looked to the side at Kaname. Kaname inched closer and put his nose next to Zero's.

"Goodnight Zero." Kaname said and closed his eyes tiredly. "Goodnight Kaname." Zero said and pressed their noses together and the two silently fell asleep.