Chapter 18

This is the last chapter.
Marcel's POV

I have to say goodbye to Jane today. I'm leaving for college 7 hours away. I graduated in June but now it's August and it's time to leave. I put a few boxes in my car and Jane is on her way here.

My mom and Leah are standing in the driveway talking when Jane pulls up. She gets out of her car and stands in the grass. I walk up to her and kiss her cheek. She smiles sadly at me.

"I'll miss you." She says hugging me.

"Sorry it had to end this way." I say into the top of her head.

"It's for the best." She says and I nod.

"You're very sweet Marcel, you'll find the right girl I'm sure."

"Thank you Jane. You're smart and beautiful and I hope you find the right guy. I know he's out there."

We exchange sweet goodbyes and I know everything's okay between us. She leaves and now it's my moms turn.

"All grown up." She says ruffling my hair. I smile at her and she pokes my dimple.

"Call once a week alright?" she asks.

"I will mom." I say kissing her cheek.

And I drive away. The sun shining in my eyes. Away to a new life.

•••

I just finished the end of my first week of college. My dormmate Spencer is having some of his friends over. I'm laying on my bed while he gets ready for them. He gets out some beers. Spencer is a sophomore. I lay and stare at the ceiling thinking about the week. It was a good start.

I hear Spencer go to the door and let some friends in. They walk in and I scan them. They look like they'll be fun. There's a knock at the door and Spencer goes and opens it. I hear their muffled greetings.

"Louis Tomlinson!" Spencer says excitedly.

Wait

Wait wait

What?

"Did you say Louis Tomlinson?!" I sit up calling to Spencer.

They walk into the room together. Spencer and Louis. Louis' eyes land on me.

"Marcel?"

THE END

----
A sequel coming soon.