The Beginning

Ash's POV

Planes. They were like my second home. Ever since I was a little baby my family had traveled a lot. I had been on every continent, in countless of countries. My family was just privileged to have that luxury, or really any luxury we wanted. Which was why I was in America, Baltimore to be exact.

Before I get into all this, I'll give you some back story. I'll start with my family. It was just me, my dad, and my three younger brothers. My dad was had started his own company years before, and it was doing very well. This caused us to move to Germany was I was 4 years old and none of my brothers were even born yet. When I was 10 years old, and my youngers brother was just a mere 1 year old, my mom died. Coronary Artery Disease, in case you were wondering. it would only have been logical for me to have to take care for all my brothers, but somehow my dad managed to make it work without taking my or my brothers' childhood away. Of course we did mourn for sometime, but we realised that being in a constant sad state wasn't going to help us. My dad went to work everyday, but he was always there to bring us to school, to pick us up from school, and to play with us. He didn't seem stressed at all. I guess we were just really lucky.

Now, why was I in Baltimore? Well, my school in Germany had an exchange program, and me being me decided to sign up. We had to write a motivation letter about why we wanted to go, and I did just that. The school board like my letter and I was allowed to go, just like several other students who had applied for other countries. At first I was skeptical to go, but my dad encouraged me to go. He told me it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and that I would regret it if I didn't go. I didn't want to leave my dad alone, but he kept insisting. So, the next day I went to school and handed in my final decision. I was going to go.

I just realised I totally forgot to tell you who I am. My name is Ash Collins, I'm 17 years old and originally British (I only have a slight accent that comes back after I have spent a lot of time with my dad). I'm fluent in English and German and love to play the piano. My hair is pretty long, straight, and a boring brown-blonde color. I'm just your average girl. To say the least, I'm pretty boring.

Now, here I was, with four suitcases, which my dad made me pack, in a strange airport, only knowing my guest family from an email that was sent to me with a photograph and their names. Apparently they had a son who was the same age as me, which was going to be pretty eventful. I never had a boyfriend, nor even came close to being asked out for that matter. My intention was to keep it that way while I was here. I was here for just a couple of months. The only guys I needed in my life were my brothers and my dad.

I walked out of the sliding doors and looked around the many faces, hoping to recognise one. My eyes settled on a family, they looked like the one from the email, so I walked up to them. The mom looked back at me and waved, letting me know I was heading the right way. She immediately went for a hug, which I was totally not accustomed to. Everything in Germany was so formal.

"You must be Ash," she grinned, "I'm Isobel, this is Peter, and that's Alex."

She pointed at the father and a boy with long brown hair that covered his entire forehead. To top it off, he was wearing a beanie. He had a completely different style to mine; skinny jeans, a shirt that looked like it belonged to some band, and some sneakers. Let's just say I was a goody two shoes and a daddy's girl. Sure, I didn't look at my best right now, but I only wore neat things. This guy looked like he didn't care about school or anything at all, while I cared about my grades and had already been asked to join Juilliard without auditioning. He was the complete opposite of me.