Chapter 10: The calm before the storm

Start from the beginning

I opened the fridge and then I remembered I haven't shopped for groceries since I had assumed that I would be away for a month.

Luckily, there's still the trusty frozen tv dinners and hot pockets left in the freezer.

"Sorry, I haven't shopped for groceries." I said apologetically, pulling out the frozen dinners.

He shook his head and smiled.

"I'm fine with those." He replied.

"Hey, do you mind me touring your house a little?" He asked.

"Erm, okay?" I replied and quickly turn around and shove the dinners into the microwave. I knew I haven't thought that through and I may regret later. Quickly setting the timer, I hurried after him, just in case.

----------

I hear Callie's steps approaching quickly as I stopped in front of the mantle filled with photo frames.

The photographs still stood in their place and from the photos I could tell they were photos from way back before her parents moved. There was a thin layer of dust on the mantle.

It's such a huge place, I am pretty surprised despite a thin layer of dust, it's still well kept.

Before I could pick up any frame, I heard her shuffling footsteps and I smirked.

"Afraid?" I spun quickly to find her just behind me and our faces were juat inches apart with our noses barely touching.

She startled and retreated two steps back but somehow ahe trip over the bump on the carpet and my reflexes quuckly pulled her into my arms.

"Hmm..." I melted into the embrace.

I took the advantage and hugged her close. It's been awhile I felt so at ease, in private and with her locked in my embrace.

--------

Out of nowhere, I heard the microwave beep.

"Pat?" I called him.

"Hmm?" He asked, still holding me tight.

"You need to let go now." I said, since he has been hugging me for the past few minutes. It was one of the longest hug ever.

"Hey, you promise me a whole night worth of hugs?" He asked. Then his stomach growled loudly. I couldn't help but chuckled.

"Aren't you hungry? " I asked. He finally let go of me and scratch the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly.

It was really late so after a light dinner, I got Patrick to call for his driver.

He pursed his lips and shook his head.

"He's not picking up." He replied.

-----

I know that I am an ass but I went on to pretend that the guys aren't available to pick me up and hoping she would allow me to stay for the night.

After all misses that I got inbetween the last time we saw each other in school and now at work, I wanted more time with Callie and with her out of my team tomorrow onwards, it would be even harder.

"What about Ett?" She asked. I pretended to call again.

"Nope, nothing." I lied, pretending to end the call on my phone.

Then somewhere in the house, a chime sounded twice.

"Oh, my of course, it's already 2 in the morning." She replied innocently in response to the chime, in realization that the other guys would be asleep.

Of course not, my driver is always on call 24/7.

She sighed.

"I guess you have to spend the night here." She said reluctantly.

------

The side of his lips twitched. Did I miss something? Or was it all a ploy to get me to ask him to stay?

I smiled at him as I led him up the stairs.

Upon reaching the landing, he slided his hand around my waist again, holding me close. I took a glance at him beaide me and he gave me a grateful smile.

I opened one of the guest room for Patrick.

I clean the half the house once every week and so happened I cleaned the guest room I showed him a day before we left for the trip.

"Wow." He was amazed by the bedroom.

"How did you even manage to keep the house this clean?!?!" He finally blurted the burning question.

"Well, housework sort of keep me sane." I replied without much hesitation. He didn't question me further like Jasmine did when she first came to the house; Patrick only gave me a nod.

"You can use this room tonight. My room is diagonally opposite." I said as I pointed to the white double door down the corridor.

He frowned.

"Aren't I staying with you tonight? You still owe me a night of hugs!" He pouted.

I laughed.

"Well, you hugged me long enough just now. Go sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long day for you. " I replied, then I tiptoed and kiss him on his cheek, then turn around to head out.

Before I could take another step forward, I felt him pulling me into another hug.

"Stay with me, pleaseeeee?" He asked, dragging the letter 'e'.

I held his face between my palms.

"I'll see you in the morning, ok?" I replied as he gave him a kiss on his lips.

-----

She leaned in to give a kiss. I quickly held her closer and deepen the kiss. I bit her lips gently and my tongue licking her lips seeking her permission and she opened her mouth in agreement. My tongue explored her mouth. She let out a slow moan.

-----

I felt his hand travelling down my back and grab my butt. His palms are big and slightly cold against my warm skin and my shivered to his touch. His other hand reached up to the back of my neck to pull me closer as his tongue caresses the ceiling in my mouth.

My senses flared and every touch ignite thousands of pleasure signals to my brain. I wrapped my arms around his neck and danced with his tongue in return of that pleasure.

-----

Her fingernails scratched lightly on my back and I could feel her leaving tracks of tingles underneath my shirt. I continued to kiss her passionately and her slow breathing slowly turn into short and urgent pants.

-----

Callie! What were you thinking?!?!

I heard a voice ran in my head. Instantly, my reflexes came into motion and I pushed him away forcefully.

"We can't do this." I said, turned and quickly ran out of the room.

----------------------

A/N:

I'm back! Sorry for the hiatus.

I was contemplating should I scraped chapter 8 and 9 and rewrite or go forward continuing.

I was so close as I lost my direction, but I managed to find a way and still allow the story to flow smoothly. Hope you like this chapter.

Let me know what you think of this chapter and please continue to vote and support me!

Thanks!

Liesel.