One

>>> Dr. Ivy <<<

As I walked into work five minutes early I said, good night to the receptionist

"Good night, Mary, how are you?"

Mary replied, "I am fine, thank you and how are you, Dr. Smith?"

"I'm great. Have a great night ok."

I walked into my office and met up with my assistant, "hey Kelly do I have any patients yet?"

Kelly replied, "yes you do, you have the prince, Mr. Maximo Warner, he got shot and is being rushed into surgery, so you're gonna have to hurry as they need you in there."

"Thank you, I'm going to go in there now, please let them know I'm on my way up. You can go home for the rest of the night, I'll handle everything else."

Kelly said, "thank you, hey Ivy, I just have one question: can I have the day off tomorrow?"

I replied, "tomorrow I'm not busy so of course, you can", with a smile.

As I ran down the hall of the elevator to get into the surgery, I saw my best friend Delice from college, so I stopped to see why she was there in the waiting room, crying.

"Hey, girl, what are you doing here?"

Delice replied, "hey Ivy, with tears running down her face, I really need your help, my brother is in surgery and I only trust you. Can you please do everything you can to save him please," she said with tears in her eyes. She then tells me, his name is Maximo Warner.

I replied, "I got you, I was just going in there but try and relax a little, I'm gonna try my very best with him as I do with all my other patients. don't worry, and he is my patient, I'll see you as soon as I can ok. I left and went into the room surgery down the Hall to check on my patient.

>>> Nine hours late <<<

After nine hours in surgery, we finally got Mr. Warner stable after removing all the bullets, we stopped the bleeding and moved him to ICU. I did all my checks to make sure my patient is stable and everything was OK with him. I went out to his family and informed them of what happened in the surgery. When I reach the waiting room, Delice and her family jumps up and asks me"How did it go? '' so I let his family know how it went.