#Wessa

I AM SO SORRY. I've been really busy for a while and I just didn't have time to update. Obviously I will not be able to achieve the weekly post goal. Also: I just need to put this out there right now. I ship both Wessa AND Jessa. Please don't hurt me. I'm an indecisive person. Oops. So just bare with me. Now that you've put caps on your "pens", sheathed your seraph blades, and pocketed your wands, I shall continue. And now ladies and gentleman, I give you-*pauses for dramatic effect-Wessa. *applause,lights go down, curtain opens on a dark, torchlit corridor. The audience can just barely make out the silhouette of a young woman in a large Victorian style dress...

                      ➰➰➰➰➰

Tessa's POV

Now what? I think to myself. I've gone and gotten myself lost in the London Institute. Charlotte sent me to find Henry and what with all of this confusion with...the boys...well, I sort of wandered off blindly. Great. I sigh, exasperated and frankly, slightly hysterical. If only I hadn't kissed both of them. I was so stupid! How could I do that to them-and myself! I haven't been here long either. What would my aunt say...

I close my eyes. I breathe deeply...in...out. Okay Tessa, I think to myself. All you need to do is retrace your steps. Which way did you come from? I look around, my eyes floating over the cool gray stone walls and floor surrounding me. My eyes land on a suit of armor. Wait. I've seen that before... But where?

I turn around, taking in my surroundings. If only you wouldn't have gone off kissing Jem and Will, you wouldn't be in this position. Had you just chosen between them and stayed out of this love triangle, you might even be able to think of settling down with one of them. But no. You just HAD to go and-

"SHUT UP!" I scream. My eyes widen. I didn't mean for that to be out loud. Oh well. I hear footsteps running towards me. I look around desperately, searching for anything that could be used as a weapon. My vision comes to rest on the suit of armor. Aha! The handle of a sword embellished with what may be rubies protrudes from its sheath that is strapped around the waist of the armor. I grip it firmly and yank it from its resting place, nearly collapsing from the much unanticipated weight of the thing.

A soft glow is growing ever brighter around the corner. I inhale and will the sword to help me, my eyes clenched shut...

"Tess?"

My eyes fly open and land on a familiar, mischievous grin. "Oh Will, it's just you," I breathe a sigh of relief.

Will places a hand over his heart, chuckling to himself. "'Just you' she says. I'll have you know that I am a very valuable contributor to society. I'll ask you not to 'just you' me, Miss Gray. However I am 'just wondering', what are you doing down here?" He asks with his eyebrows cocked in wonder.

I roll my eyes. "Well, you see, I don't actually know exactly where here is. I was looking for Henry and I just..." I trail off.

Will rolls his eyes. "Well come on then. Let's find Henry." He straightens with a mockingly serious expression on his face and offers me his arm. I laugh and accept it. As we walk I feel the muscles and tendons in his forearm through his shirt, flesh pulled tight over them. His skin, I imagine as my mind wanders, would be calloused and slightly tanned, but gentle. That's the kind of person he seems to be; hard and tough when the time is right, with a soft, caring side that so rarely makes appearances. I've noticed this in Will. The way he grips his throwing knives so surely, so carefully. Not strangling their hilts, just holding them casually but firmly like you'd hold a lover's hand.

I look up and Will's gorgeous blue eyes meet mine. He smirks and I feel his arm tense ever so slightly, his cheeks gaining a soft red tint. I feel heat rushing to mine as well and I glance down at my feet poking out from under my skirts swishing on the stone floors.

Suddenly I feel a tug on my heart, yearning to be that lover. I want to feel safe in his hypothetically calloused, slightly tanned, yet still gentle arms. I want to ease my way into his heart and guide his softer side out into the open. I want to reassure him that it's all right to feel. That he doesn't have to be alone. That I'm here. Right here.