#Sizzy

Ah Sizzy...Ah Star Wars... For those who don't know Star Wars, that's how every movie starts. Simon, the professional nerd.

➰➰➰➰➰

I'm so lucky to have her. I see the looks we get when we're together. Isabelle Lightwood's too good for me-out of my league. Like, way out of my league. She's this sexy, gorgeous, model-like bad-a**. A/N Just fyi, I don't swear, but I couldn't think of any other way to describe Iz. I mean really. And I'm just this stereotypical nerd who falls for his lifelong best friend. It's not like she doesn't realize it. She does. Izzy constantly reassures me that she doesn't deserve me. But I mean, c'mon. Our relationship in a nutshell: Izzy>Simon. Like last week. We were preparing for our date at a ridiculously expensive mundane restaurant that Izzy had been wanting to try. Clary and Jace were going out, too, so Iz was helping Clary get ready. While they got all fancied up I was making an attempt at doing the same. I wore a button up dress shirt that was a light shade of baby blue with some plain old beige khakis and my gray Vans. To top off the ensemble I managed to find the only tie I owned, which happened to be one that Clary had given me as a Christmas present when we were 13. True, it depicted Luke Skywalker's light saber, but in my defense that young Jedi's weapon matched my shirt perfectly. Thank Raziel for Star Wars. As I tried to figure out just how to put the accessory on, Jace walked in.

"Dude. What are you doing?" He gave me a look that stated quite clearly what he must've been thinking: you idiot. He approached me and tied it for me.

"Blach...can't...breathe...need...
wheeze...air," I coughed, yanking desperately at the evil strand of fabric attempting to suffocate me.

"Whew. Better," I breathed as I successfully loosened the tie. Just then there was a knock on the door of the empty bedroom I had overrun for Operation Hot Date Tonight.
I scrambled for a comb, tugging it through my ever messy hair.

"Si?" I heard Clary say in a worried tone, peeking her head in. "You ready?"

I straightened my rumpled shirt one last time before turning to her and with a confident grin said "Yup."

I walked out into the hall and saw her. Iz was standing in a dark emerald dress that hugged her torso and flared out around her waist, the hem not quite reaching her knees. Her dark wavy hair was flowing around her shoulders with a few strands pulled back on one side, pinned against her head with a pearl clip, which matched her necklace, a large pearl surrounded by tiny emeralds hanging from a thin gold chain around her neck, accompanied by her usual ruby pendant. She wore a pair of simple suede ballerina flats, a dark brown color that matched her eyes. You could only tell that they were brown if you looked.

"Isabelle, you look so amazing," I said, looking her up and down. She grinned.

"Oh Simon, just look at you! How cute you look with your little tie...mmm. Better," she gushed as she straightened my tie. I leaned in and kissed her, and she kissed me back. Her hands wrapped around my waist and splayed across the small of my back as my own grabbed at her shoulders, then grasped her head, and finally just ran rampant through her thick locks of hair.

"OKAY THEN!" Jace exclaimed awkwardly, Izzy and I jumping apart in surprise. "So, the cab's here so...we should get going," We untangled each other's limbs from our own, blushing.

"Fine," Izzy shot a glare at her brother, ran her fingers through her hair, and spun on her heel with my hand in hers. "C'mon Simon. Let's go."

I gave Jace and Clary an apologetic look as the walked behind us hand in hand. "Oh!" I exclaimed, abruptly stopping.

"What is it?" Clary asked.

"Nothing," I assured her. "I just forgot something. Be right back." I sprinted back to the room and snatched the small black box out of the dresser drawer. It clicked as I opened it. I gazed at what the tiny velvet container held. A silver band, with a good sized ruby surrounded by miniscule diamonds. On the thin band were marriage runes, wrapping around the entire ring. I looked at it one last time, the last time I would see it before I would propose to her later that night. I shut the box. Taking a deep breath, I slipped it into my pocket. I looked in the mirror.

"Simon Lovelace, you are about to ask Isabelle Lightwood to marry you." I turned and walked out the door before rushing out to the cab where my friends waited.