Before I knew it he was dusting off his hands and walking away. I felt my insides clench as I started to panic. I began to cross the street and decided to try and get a closer look at him. He took a right behind the building as I quickened by pace and tried to catch up with him. As I crossed the line of cars and made my way around the corner he was already mid-way down the crowded street. I started to jog quicker and bump my way past the crowd but at this point all I could see was the top of his head. I pushed past two more businessmen and I saw him turn right into an alley. I began to push my way faster across the crowd but by the time I had turned to the alley..he was gone. I felt my insides drop as I took a sharp intake of breath and turned back in my heel. Why had I done that?! Why was I chasing an illusion?! The alley was clearly a dead end. I am not going to give into this. I'm not going mad!

I stomped my way back across the street frustrated with myself. I need help. If this is how my life's gonna be from now on then I need help. I need closure. I pushed the store's door opened and made my way behind the counter. I grabbed the landline and dialled in Bruce's house number. I needed reassurance. He carried his corpse with his own hands. I needed to know that this was all simply my imagination. Because if I don't then this will eventually lead me to my death.

After the first 4 rings someone picked up the phone but it was a different voice. A young one. Way too young to be Bruce.

"Hello?" He spoke.

"Hi..um..who is this?" I asked as I nervously tugged at the wire.

I heard his playful chuckle for a few minutes before his voice came through again.

"Well, you're the one calling miss." He said.

"Oh right..umm-" I stuttered embarrassedly  before he cut me off.

"Hey! Don't feel embarrassed, it's fine we all make mistakes, I'm Richard, who do you wanna speak to?" He reassured me almost as if he had read my mind.

"Bruce please.." I said in a quiet tone.

" Alright just a moment...by the way, I still didn't catch your name..who should I tell him?"

"Eva." I replied and he disappeared for a few minutes.

"Hello?" I heard Bruce's voice come through the phone.

"Hi..it's me." I spoke.

"Oh..uhm..Hello Ev, how've you been?" He asked.

" I need to know if he's alive." I cut our conversation short.

"I'm sorry?" He said.

"I need to know if he's alive, Bruce. Did you bury him with your own hands?!" I asked.

"Eva are you okay? I'm not sure if this is something you'd like to discuss  over the phone.." He said.

"No Bruce. I deserve to know or else I'll go fucking mad. I keep seeing his face everywhere I go and it's driving me crazy Bruce, you don't get it! This will be the fucking death of me! I need you to tell me the truth! I need closure! I can't live like this! I can't escape his memory, Bruce! He's seeping through my every thought, Bruce! I need you to help me! Please!" I spoke as I broke down in the middle of my sentence.

"Eva..you know you can come stay with us, we'll take care of you, it's totally normal to fee-" He tried to calm me down before I cut him off again.

"No Bruce! You don't fucking understand! I don't need your sympathy! I need you to tell me what really happened after you took him Bruce! Did you or did you not bury him with your own hands?! " I yelled.

"Listen Ev, you're not really making any sense right now and I'm very busy so can you just drop by and we'll talk about this? I seriously gotta go but just come by and we'll talk about this and everything will be alright, I promise you. I just need t-" He started to give me more excuses as I decided to just hang up on him. 

Damn you and your vagueness, Bruce! Why can't he just be simple about anything in his life?! 

I don't need his pity! I don't want his deep talk and all the psychological shit he'll try to indirectly stuff me up with! I need the answer to one simple question! Does he think I can't handle it?! That I'm in denial of everything that's happened?! Or is he trying to hide something from me?!

* 2 Days Later *

I woke up and shut off my alarm clock as I threw my blanket off of me. I stumbled out of bed and began to carry on my usual morning routine before heading out to work. I started making my way to my usual bus stop. I was walking down the pavement before I was suddenly yanked to the right. I found myself facing a wall between the two buildings to my right and as I turned around I was shocked nearly out of my skin. 

"Angel.."

---------------------------------

HEY BABIES!!!

I AM SO FREAKING SORRY I LEFT YOU GUYS FOR ALL THIS TIME BUT I WAS HAVING MANY ISSUES THAT WERE DEPRESSING ME AND I FELT LIKE MY WRITING GAME WAS AT ITS LOWEST!

ANYWAY! IVE UPDATED AND I MIGHT DO SO TOMORROW AS WELL!

BUT LET ME JUST TELL YOU SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN NEXT CHAPTER!

I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE READY AND I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS ONE!

I'M PRACTICALLY FALLING ASLEEP ON MY KEYBOARD SO BARE WITH ME IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES ILL BE EDITING THIS LATER!

ANYWAY! IVE MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH AND I HOPE YOURE ALL HAVING A GREAT DAY X

PLEASE COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS AND VOTE X

MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL SWEETS XXX