Chapter One: Enough Of The Drama

"A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love."

-Max Muller

Author's note: 26/12/22: hi everyone. I downloaded the wattpad app after so many years of not having it! I finally figured out my password. As you all know, I created this fanfic with my 15 year old mind. Spoiler alert, I am now 25 years old with a very different view of the world!!! I am honestly so proud of the way I have written this story as a teenager! My imagination was wild!
I will now be attempting to keep this going, with my now adult mind (wink)
Please excused me if the narrative or the way I write has changed.
Im honestly trying to remember where I left off.

Thank you for all the support!

Lexie Purser

I thought I had escaped it. My family drama making me miserable my entire life. Can't I get one normal conversation for one day? Just moments before, I'd been in my bedroom, living my normal life. Spencer had summoned me into the living room with a solemn, "Lexie, Mom needs to talk to us."

That's the kind of opener, in stories.. Always precedes some bad, or at least important, news. But I'd left no fear or hesitation.

"Whatever. I don't want to hear it." I replied putting my earphones back on.

"Lexie," He hesitates. "It's important. Come on" I was surprised by Spencer's hesitation, he never hesitates, always direct answers. I didn't know what drama our Mother was going to lecture us about. And I don't want to hear it either. I thought about it, maybe I should give her a chance. Maybe this was a good important news..

I doubt it.

I walked at a normal pace downstairs, Spencer followed. There I saw my Mother, who just came home from work, sitting on the couch. As I sat down beside her, I noticed she was holding onto a piece of paper, quite tightly I may add; a letter.

Now, by reading this first few paragraphs, you're might be thinking 'Oh dear, someone is going to visit their house, the girl will fall in love, and the end. Well no, that's not the story.

My Mother patted the couch for Spencer and I to sit.

"Okay, before you object, hear me out in what I have to say." My mom spoke

Spencer and I glanced at each other. This outta be good.

"Spencer, you and your sister will be visiting your fathers.. Friend... Well, he is sort of a relative now, despite the fact they were childhood buddies." She said

Oh yeah, I know where this was going. She wants us to leave. It's okay, maybe I can get a little separation from my family. I thought about what she meant by ' Visiting '.

"Mom, by visiting.. "

"I meant, living with them" She answered straight. My left eye twitched in frustration. Whoa, okay I did not expect that. I thought we were just going to stay for like, a month?!

"Why?" Spencer asked confused.

"Because... I just can't take this anymore. Ever since your Father and your brother died, I've been miserable. And I'm sorry! I tried guys, I really did. I just need some time to pick myself up.