(16)

( Emily )

''you did great out there.'' sabrina, one of my teammates girlfriend, tell me once i'm back in the depot. for some reason her hand is brushing along my arm, normally i wouldn't mind but now i have something for someone and the whole 'flirting' thing makes me very uncomfortable.

even though i'm not in the mood i manage to give her a smile. ''thanks. maybe you should head back to your boyfriend?'' i say and nod towards a group of boys standing outside our cafeteria.

''maybe i should but if i do you'll be alone and who wants emily fields to be alone?'' she asks smirking.

i scoff. ''i want.''

with that said i grab my motorcycle and push it towards my parking spot. i turn my head to the side and see her follow close behind me. ''what part did you not understand? i want to be alone.'' i say sharply.

she frown, turn her heels and walks away. i breath out and take off my fireproof hood i'm wearing under my helmet. i throw it on the couch and collapse next to it with my arms stretched out. ''tired?'' i open my eyes and see a blonde figure stand in front of me.

''very.'' i mumble and sit back up. i pull down the zipper along my front and let it slid down to my waist. ''so..what do you want hanna? i thought you were mad.'' i lay back down and put my hands behind my head.

''i am. god knows how mad i am and it's not beautiful. i'm here to talk to your little hookup, she needs to know the truth.''

''you wouldn't dare.'' i warn her. she laughs and sit down on my legs. ''ouch.'' i whine in pain.

''Emily fucking Fields. trust me, i'm your friend but you need to stop this bullshit. If you hurt that poor girl I'll break every bone in your body..'' she stops and puts her hand in between my legs causing me to groan. ''..including this.'' she tells me and press even harder.

''remove your..'' i breath in. ''..fucking hand.'' she shrugs and takes it away. i let out a deep breath and roll over so i'm laying on my stomach.

''why do you suddenly care about who i'm seeing?'' i ask with my head pressed into the pillow.

she chuckle and hit my back, hard. ''seeing? really em? the last time i checked you were fucking and nothing else.''

i roll back over. ''well the game has changed.''

she scoffs. ''i believe it when i see it.''

''fine, think whatever you want but do you really think i'd ask alison to be my assistant if i was playing with her feelings?''

her eyes widen. ''you did what?''

i nod, causing her mouth to drop open. she points her finger at me but remains silent. i chuckle and show her the finger. i was going to close my eyes and relax for a second when another blonde appear in the doorway. ''well hello there sexy.'' i comment while checking her out from top to toe. her mouth drop open, like hanna's. maybe she didn't expect it.

''uh..''

she's nervous. how cute?

i sit up and motion for her to join me. she walks over and sit down beside me. i put my arms across her shoulders and pull her closer. ''how is my future assistant?''

''good.'' she utters. is she afraid of me again? i try to think of anything i could've done to make her nervous around me again. no, i can't remember anything like that.

''hanna, can i talk to alison for a sec?''

she gets up from the chair and walks out, closing the door behind her. ''is everything alright?'' i ask once we're alone.

''i heard your conversation. is it true emily? are you playing me?'' she starts to sob.

i shake my head and grab her hands. ''no, i'm not.'' she gaze into my eyes, like she's trying to read me.

she then shakes her head in disbelief. ''what are you not telling me?''

maybe i should tell her. i can't build anything if there's lies behind it. i turn my body in her direction and squeeze her hands harder. ''what i'm about to tell you is horrible and disgusting but i beg you, please look through it if you can.'' she nods and i begin. ''this weekend during the race, after i asked you about the dance, i went back in here. after awhile sean, one of my teammates, came in and practically threw himself on the couch. he told me he had heard me in hastings box and he had an idea. first i ignored him like i always do but some stupid part of me wanted to try this so after awhile i agreed.'' i stop myself and take a deep breath. she's looking at me like i'm a ghost. this will be the end of this.

''what did he suggest, emily.'' she asks sternly.

i swallow. ''he wanted me to sleep with you.''

her eyes gets ten times darker before she push my hands away. ''and you did it? because of what? money?'' she yell at me.

''i'm really disappointed with myself. i'd go back and change it if i could.'' i explain.

''i really hope so! how much did you get?'' she asks, still yelling.

''250 bucks.'' i whisper.

she stands up and backs away from me. ''oh my..i can't believe you.''

i look up and into her eyes. tears is threatening to fall from her deep blue eyes. i stand up and walk up to the small girl. a few inches away she holds up her hand which caused me to stop. ''don't you dare get any closer. you're a fucking animal. i thought you were different but it's like spencer said. i can't believe i trusted you over her..'' tears are now falling down her cheeks. god what have i done to this poor girl.

''please alison. when we danced on the party i felt something and stopped pretending. i wasn't playing you, i swear.'' i try.

''fuck off. you played me long enough. i'm not made of steel emily, i have feelings and right now the only feeling i have is hate.''

''you have every right to feel that way.'' i admit, mostly to myself. ''but you should know that i'm sorry and if you by any chance can see through this horrible thing and trust me when i'm saying that this is who i am now and that i will change for you.''

''change? pfft, this is who you are emily.'' her voice starts to get calmer. she bury her face in her hands and now she's crying for real. i take it as my only chance and wrap my arms around her small body. she tries to push me away but i'm holding her with my life. there's no way i'm letting her go. ''i hate you.'' she mumbles into my chest.

''i know, i know.''

about five minutes later she starts to collect herself. i feel her grip around my tank top loose. i pull away slowly, looking into her eyes. without thinking i put one hand on her back, one under her knees and lift her up. i carry her back to the couch and lay her down. i climb up beside her and put my head on her chest. this is not something i usually do but that's what makes it special. i want to do every special thing with her.

i place my hand on her stomach and caress it gently.

''i'm such an idiot for staying here with an asshole.'' she says causing me to laugh quietly, but only for a second until i go back to being serious again.

''i'm so sorry alison. i wasn't thinking back then. if i would've known how wonderful and caring you are i--'' i begin but she cut me off by placing her finger on my lips. i look up at her, seeing her crystal eyes stare at me.

we stare at each other for awhile until i can't stand it anymore. i use my hands to crawl up in her height. i stare at her lips before leaning in. when i feel her lips on mine it's like fireworks. it feels like my heart are going to beat out of my chest.

that's when i realize two things.

first, i'm a real asshole.

second, this is the girl i want to wake up next to, kiss whenever i want, hold hands with in public, kiss goodnight before falling asleep and give her everything she deserves. i want to call this blondie 'mine'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fuck this is so long. i'm exhausted. and my computer is broken so i had to write it on my phone if you find any difference. oh and sorry for my misspellings, autocorrect can fuck up pretty back.