(37)

( Emily )

~ 2 hours later ~

''please, you have to let me see her.''

''sorry ms.fields. we can't do that.'' the nurse tells me. ''the doctor's still with her.''

''i'm her girlfriend and mother of her child! you can't do this!'' i raise my voice. ''i may have broken my right arm but my left arm is fine.'' i warn her.

the nurse sighs and looks through her papers. ''alright, i'll see what i can do.'' she disappears and i lie back down and wait.

a few minutes later same nurse comes into my room. ''okay. the doctor is finished and he said you can visit. but only for a few minutes. she needs to rest.''

''thank you.'' i say and press myself up from the bed with my good arm.

the nurse follows me down the corridor and shows me which room alison is in.

''i'll wait out here. don't take too long.'' the nurse says.

i nod and open the door. the room looks similar to mine, just bigger. i look around and see her lie on the bed. her hair is messy and her forehead is covered with sweat.

''ali?'' i ask carefully and she tilts her head to the side.

at first she doesn't say anything. i walk closer and place my hand on top of hers. ''how are you feeling?''

''exhausted.'' she breathes out. ''what happened?''

''we were talking and all of a sudden you were lying on the floor, completely lifeless.'' i rub my thumb across her hand. ''i got so scared ali.. scared that i might've lost you.''

she squeezes my hand. ''look at me emily.'' i hesitate. she grabs my head and forces me to look at her. ''you will never lose me. not in a million years.''

she leans in and connects our lips. i feel tears stream down my cheeks as i kiss her back.

''you promise?'' i ask once we pull apart.

''yes. but only if you promise to not do more stupid stunts with your bike.'' her attitude starts to show and i can't help but chuckle. at least she's back to her old self. ''promise me!'' she exclaims.

''of course i promise.''

the door opens and a man in white coat enters the room holding a child wrapped in a blue blanket. ''hello ladies. sorry to interrupt but we have something for you both.''

my mouth drops open as my heart rate speeds up. ''b-but.. w-what?''

i look at ali and she's smiling widely.

''oh my god ali! why didn't you tell me?''

she giggles. ''i thought you might wanted to see for yourself.''

i can literally feel my stomach taking turns as the doctor gives the baby to me.

i study his face and his big blue eyes stare at me. ''wow..'' i whisper and caress his small cheek. ''you look so much like your mother. well, she's not as handsome as you--'' i pause and glance at ali who's giving me the finger. ''--but don't worry. you both are the most beautiful babies i've ever seen.'' i add and ali cracks a short laugh.

''nice try fields but we both know i'm more mature than you'll ever be.''

''oh really? we'll see about that.'' i wink at her and she giggles. ''my handsome little boy.'' i mumble and poke his nose gently. a small, almost invisible smile appears in his face and i chuckle at his cuteness.

i lie him down in alison's arms and he falls asleep straight away.

''it seems like i'm not the only one who gets sleepy around you.'' i joke.

she sends me a death glare. ''i may be exhausted but i warn you, when i can stand on my legs again you'll regret saying that!''

i make a shocked face. ''ohhh! i'm really scared!''

once again she gives me the finger and i smile.

''you're crazy, em.''

''yeah, crazy in love..'' i bend down over her, our noses touching. ''..with you.''

we keep eye contact and she slowly melts away.

''listen ali.. i own you an apology. i know it's been a tough couple of months and leaving you by yourself wasn't how i wanted things to be. i wasn't prepared for all of this. i mean being in love.. creating a family.. it was all new territory and i'm sorry i haven't been there-''

''stop emily. you have nothing to apologize for. okay, some days i wish you could've been with me instead of working but i know how important your career is for you and i don't want you to do anything you might regret later. i know you're doing the best you can and i'm happy with that. as long as you're happy i'm happy.''

i put my hand on her cheek and caress it. ''even if you're okay with it i will make some changes in my career. now i'm in the beginning of a new chapter in my life and this little boy needs us both. you need me too. and i will do whatever it takes to be with you two.''

''i love you.'' alison whispers.

i place a soft kiss on her lips. ''i love you too.''

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: seems like i'm back here. i hope you've missed this story. it'll be many new updates from now on. next chapter will have a time jump!!!!

(unedited)