A Good Fight

A/N: Hope you guys enjoy, this story was inspired by Grey's Tribute by @rmills

I got dressed for the day while looking down at my bed. When will it have the soft, warm, body of my mate in it? I sighed heavily as I walked over to my calendar to see how much longer I must wait until I can go look for her myself. Four more months will mark, I have been an Alpha for an year and will be entitled to spend a month going pack to pack until I find my mate. With that, I pushed my ache and loneliness to the side as I head downstairs where, the females on kitchen duty have prepared breakfast for the high ranking members of the pack. Which are myself, my Beta, my Mother, the top female and male fighters of the pack and all their mates.

"Good morning everyone", I greet everyone with respect as they all showed me their necks and replied to my greeting.

Breakfast when well as usual and I helped clean the dishes, with everyone else that ate. Once that was done, I started on my paperwork in my office. It was close to noon, close to training time, I focused more on the work in front of me, knowing that it will be over in a few minutes. Those minutes felt like hours to me, My jaw clenched and unclenched as I waited for noon to officially hit. When it did, I left my office and ran to the arena, where training is held.

I filled the arena with some my warriors and paired them off, watching over them as they sparred with each other. I corrected stances and exposed openings with hard jabs to their body, be it male or female. If the fought like this where there is a real threat they would get injured at worst die, and pain is a good motivator to get things right. I paused, watching Aaron and Theo sparring, I kept correcting Aaron's stance and exploding his openings. That is until, he growled at me in challenge. I felt my warriors stop what they were doing and looked at myself and Aaron, waiting to see what I'd do.

I laughed then said threateningly, "Give this little one and I some room".

I heard my warrior leave the arena leaving Aaron and myself inside. The hot sun beats down on us in this arena that we stand. Some of my warriors stand around the arena watching the display in front of them, the testosterone in the air is thick and heavy. I can smell the determination from this newly shifted teen in front of me, he wants to test his new found strength against me, his wolf wants to make sure I am really worthy to be his alpha. I couldn't help the smile that came on my face, I always loved a good fight.

I kept my stance relaxed as he slipped into a fighting stance, His feet parted, his knees bend, his arms close to his body, his back hunched slightly. His upper lip curled back as he growls out at me, thinking I'm not taking him seriously. He made the first move, moving at me quick even for a newly shifted teen, fist at the ready, aiming for my face. I easily push his forearm away with my open palm, then step into his personal space, I punch his stomach hard butt not as hard as I can. As he curls back from the pain, I lift my open palm up, hitting his jaw. With one swift move his neck is being pressed against the muscles in my arm. Once he recovered he tried to get out of my hold, any attempts to get out of my hold was met with my laughter.

I felt him start to shift in my hold, I decided to let this drag on a bit, so I let go and took a few steps back. I let my wolf rise, I bared my teeth at him and growled harshly at him with my wolf. He whimpered a bit and showed me his neck, submitting to my dominance and my status as alpha. I reached down and ran my hand through the fur of his neck as sign of acceptance. He shifted back but stayed bowed to me, showing that he accepted me as his alpha not just his wolf. I patted his back as the warriors around the arena cheered. That is until a female howl was called out, it is a howl of help from one of my pack members. I howled in reply, letting the female know help is on it's way.

"Let's go", I called out then jumped out of the arena, shifting mid jump, a feat that only alphas can do.

My paws land on the ground than I ran in the direction the howl came from, with the thundering paws of my warriors behind me. What I saw before me wasn't what I expected at all. The small group of three females from my pack who looked a bit shaken, as a wolf I didn't know ripped out the throat of the male bear. The wolf is black and brown furred, large almost as big as me, that wolf is my mate. I caught her scent, of a summer's breeze. I could tell from the pull I feel towards her, she is strong, beautiful and mine. I watched as she turned her head to us, her wolf's bright brown eyes taking in my warriors then she took in my wolf. I stood prouder as she looked me over, then I started to walk over to her like the predator I am.

I watched as she licked the blood off her muzzle, her stance defensive, she's on guard. I barked at her, a clear command, "stay there".

I walked over to the females to make sure that they are alright. Once that was done, I barked at my warriors to take the females to the pack doctor. I turned back to my mate to find her sitting there, watching me with those eyes of hers. I shifted and stood up in front of her with no shame of my nakedness, I tilted my head slightly to the right and wondered why she hasn't shifted yet. I also wondered why did her eyes stay on mine, wouldn't mates look at each other's bodies while naked?

She shifted and stood in front of me, I kept my eyes on her's I didn't want to be the first to look away. Everything screamed at me to claim her, here and now as mine, but that wouldn't be proper. I walked closer to her, lifting my arm, my hand open and settled for a touch of her skin, but she took a step back, denying me. I growled at her as I reached for her yet again, only to have her growl at me, puffing her chest up, shifting from neutral stance to ready to pounce stance. I smiled at her, ready for a fight if she really wanted one.

A/N: Please, comment, comment,comment. Chapters 1-5 are up on Radish under the Username Wanna_beloved3, But Radish doesn't have a comment section which sucks. You guys know what a comment whore I am, Give me a ton of comments and I'll write till my fingers fall off. 

Next chapter will be up on 9-16-16