Chapter 17

One Month Later

"Oki wake up Donnie is gonna get rid of your stitches today." Raph called from outside my hangout. Jumping down onto his shoulder he walked to the lab. I gave him a lick on the cheek. "Donnie she's up and ready to go." Raph said walking in. I jumped onto the table excited,"Well someone's excited?" Donnie said and grabbed a pair of scissors. I shifted into a snow leopard. He clipped of my stitches and pulled them out. It kinda tickled. He brushed my fur to check if anything was left. Throwing away the long strand he wrapped my body up in wraps,"Just incase it opens. I doubt it will though." I scampered off and into the pit. Mikey was playing MW3,"Hey how 'bout some Left 4 Dead?" Mikey got up an threw me my controller and put in Left 4 Dead,"Who is Mikey going to be hmm?" I asked choosing Zoey. "Uh Louis." Mikey answered and we started to battle zombies on the No Mercy levels.

After a few hours we'd played the whole game. Bored I walked to the dojo. Leaning on the door frame I watched Raph lifting weights. There was music playing and at one point he started singing,"This girl is on fire!" I giggled. Then he noticed me. Setting his weight down he started blushing,"How long have you been there Oki?" I just giggled more,"You have the most adorable singing voice ever!" Raph just blushed more and crossed his arms,"Let me hear you sing then." He challenged. "Uh...I don't know about that Raph..." I looked away. "Well I have a good song I want you to sing." He grabbed my ipod,"Hey!" Raph started scrolling through my songs,"Ah here it is." He played it. Oh no Raph did NOT just start playing The Night Before by Carrie Underwood. I swallowed and started to sing.

"Sittin up on the roof, sneaking a smoke by the chimney. Checking out the moon and the city lights. He takes off his flannel shirt and he drapes around her shoulders. Slides up behind her and holds on tight. And she says, I don't want this night to end, why does it have to end?" Donnie and Mikey and Leo were all watching from the door now. I was blushing as bright as Raph's bandanna. I clenched my eyes shut and kept singing,"Tommorrow she'll be rolling up i10 Beden Rouge LSU eighteen years in her rear deal. He's got a Friday paycheck lined up down the block, Daddy's Shop. It ain't much but it's job. They've been betting this moment all summer long. The night before life goes on." I opened my eyes to four surprised turtles. I blushed deep red,"That was amazing Oki." Raph commented. "Yo... you liked it?" I asked still blushing. "That was amazing... How do you sing that well?" Donnie asked. "Uh I guess I do." I shrugged.

I just prowled behind the punching bag,"Com'on Oki it wasn't that embarising was it?" Raph asked looking behind the punching bag. I nodded shifting into a cat and tried to be as small as possible. I was blushing so much of a deep crimson I swear Raph could see it through my fur. I started to shiver in fear. I whimpered a tiny bit. Raph picked me up by the scruff,"Hey s'all right to be embarised Oki." Donnie and Mikey left leaving Leo still standing in shock,"Am I really that good?" I whispered. "Shell yeah you are!" Raph exclaimed. "Well I dare you to sing as long as I did. Crossing my paws like my arms would be crossed,"Oh really? Then me you night patrol." Raph dropped me.

I shifted into a turtle and stole Raph's bandanna,"Hey!" "Shh!" I put on Raph's bandanna. Walking over to Leo I smacked him out of daze. Getting an annoyed face of Raph's on Leo turned,"What's that for?!" "Being a deadbrain!" I walked out of the dojo silently Raph followed. "That was hilarious!" Raph said still bandannaless. "Let's go get Mikey!" I squeaked. I ran toward the pit. Hiding behind the couch I got another face of Raph's on mine. Walking from the direction of the kitchen I yelled,"Mikey! Why'd you eat all the pizza! That was Oki's and mine!" I stormed angrily at him. Raph sneaked in the kitchen to grab the pizza,"I didn't Raph!" Mikey said taking his eyes off his game. "Oh really? How come it isn't in the fridge?" I challenged. "Of course it's there!" Mikey stormed to the kitchen and looked in the fridge,"Oh shell! Where'd it go!" Mikey paniced. "Not there is it? You owe me and Oki!" I stormed off to Raph's room meeting Raph there,"Did you see that?" I giggled. Leo and Mikey walked up to the door and looked in seeing to turtles,"Uh how are there two that look partly the same and there's two of us in you doorway Raph?" I shifted into me and giggled. Raph stole his bandanna back,"That's your answer Mikey! Why Raph's chest kinda looked deformed!" I gave Mikey a glare,"Really Mikey?" I saw him snap his eyes up from my chest,"Uh yeah..." He looked at the ground. Leo took off towards the pit,"Better go catch him before Space Heros is on that tv screen Mikey." Raph said. I shifted turtle again,"Does my chest look deformed Raph? Well I mean when I'm a turtle?" I asked looking at it then his then back at mine. "Not really. But we are in the dark because I didn't turn the light on so..." "True." I tilted my head shifting into a cat,"Do you hear that?"

Raph's Pov
"Hear what?" Then I heard it echoing in the sewers,"Help! Can anyone hear me?" A girl's voice ran through the sewers. "Trouble." Me and Oki said in unision. We dashed off grabbing our weapons. Oki alerted the rest while I searched for my sais. Grabbing them I put them in there sheaths and ran out the door. Donnie, Leo, Oki, and I all rushed towards the source. Oki led being able to hear the best. Turning sharp corners it was hard to keep up with the running shetland sheepdog Oki. Then we found the girl. She looked as old Oki with freckles and a yellow shirt. She had orange hair,"April." Donnie whispered barely audible. Karai pinned her and her leg twisted at an awkward angle.

Oki's Pov
I shifted into a snow leopard mid-charge into Karai. Pinning her I got close to her face and snarled,"What did you do to her?!" Karai shoved me off. Shifting me I grabbed some stars,"Not very armed are you?" Karai taunted. Throwing them towards her face she dodged and flung towards me,"Raph! Donnie! Take April to safety!" I shouted before clashing with Karai. I shifted into a bear and shoved Karai into the wall. Her armour rung throughout the sewers. I roared and stood on my hind legs,"Forgot I could shift did you Karai?" I crashed down on her. She slashed a deep gash over my eye trailing down to my neck. I roared in fury and threw Karai against the wall with a powerful swipe of my paw. Angry as Raph in a rage I stormed up to Karai and pinned her against the wall crimson drops dropping down my chest,"What did you do?!" I roared swiping her katannas way from her. "She fell down a sewer while I chased her. I countinued down here." Karai answered. My paw started to crush her armour. I swiped her away and then grabbed her throwing her out of the sewers. Shutting the manhole I left knowing Karai couldn't lift the manhole cover.

Reaching the lair I colapsed me form,"Raph!" I heard Leo yell seeing me first. Before I blacked out I saw Raph's fear on his face wraps in his hand.

Raph's Pov
Falling on my knees at Oki I couldn't bear to move,"Oki..." I murmered not audible enough for Leo to hear. Leo fetched Donnie. Donnie shoved me aside and examined Oki,"Vital signs are good, heal in a day or two if she stays in my lab, but that gash on her eye... I don't know what it could do to her sight." I picked Oki up and carried her to the lab and set her on the spare metal table. April looked over at Oki then me,"Did Oki do that... to save me?" April asked in fear twisting her body to look at Oki. I put my head down on the table next to Oki's head and wept,"Why?" I sniffled,"Is Oki always injured and not one of us?" I looked at her scar along her side. I shivered at the flashback of Karai. But if we were not to have Oki people would've suffered Foot and maybe even Karai. That thought sent another shiver racking through my body. I started to sing softly into Oki's ear.

"When I see your smile, tears run down my face. I can't replace. And now that I'm strong, I have figured out how this world turns cold and it blaze through my soul. And know I'll find deep inside me I can be the one. I will never let you fall, I'll stand up with you forever. I'll be there for you through it all, even if saving you sends me to heaven. It's ok, It's ok. It's ok. Seasons are changing and waves are crashing and stars are falling off for us. Days grow longer and nights grow shorter, I can show you I'll be the one." I finished and April rested her hand on my shell,"Raph?" "I'm okay." I looked back at Oki and rested my head on the table looking at her face with that stupid gash. I hate Karai. I'll kill he when I see her stupid face. I don't care if Leo tries to stop me. Oki opened her eyes,"Raph?" She reached out and touched my cheek,"You were singing to me in my dream. Were you really?" She asked. I layed my hand over hers,"Yes I was." I answered. "I love you too Raphie." She hugged me but her scratched eye stayed closed,"How's April?" Oki looked around because I was blocking her,"Fine." April said waving her hand behind my head. I moved a tiny to the side. "Question is are you okay?" April asked Oki with concern. "Fine. Actually Raph can we still patrol?" Oki looked at me with her one eye,"Once Don says you can." I answered. Oki sighed,"But I haven't been out in decades!" Donnie walked in,"Stop being dramatic Oki. It'll take two days if you stay confined to the lab." "Two years!" Oki whinned. She shifted into a cat and jumped on my head,"Raph run!" She squeaked. I got up and ran away from Donnie. Donnie caught me and plucked Oki off.

Oki's Pov
"So is there a faster way Don?" I asked annoyed sitting by April. "Yes but it's hard to do." Donnie answered. "What!?" I asked eagerly. "Well I can make a salve that will heal it before tonight but... I don't know if I have the ingredients." Hey looked through shelves grabbing bottles of weird things,"Wait I think I can make it." Donnie said rechecking his ingredients and then he grabbed a paper,"Yup I can but I need some quiet time." I curled up to sleep laying my head on April's stomach. She had already drifted to sleep until I did myself. I woke to Donnie shoving me a tiny bit,"Wha... oh yeah I'm ready for the stuff." I meowed jumping over April to the other metal table. "This might hurt a bit." Donnie said. "I've been through a lot I think I can handle it." I meowed. He rubbed the salve over my eye and down my neck to my beginnin of my chest where it stopped. It stung until it gave a cooling sensation,"If your going on patrol I need to put a bandage so your bandanna doesn't rub it off." Ge said and he put a bandaid over my eye. Jumping down I shifted into a snow leopard and padded to Raph's room. Standing in the doorway I watched him talk to Spike,"Now that's adorable." I mewed. "Spik- Oki!" Raph turned to me,"Get out!" He sounded like a little girl whinning. I giggled,"Hey big boy you still up for night patrol in an hour?" I prodded him. "Who said Raph never wanted to kick butt?" "Awesome see you on tge rooftops in an hour."

Jumping on the roof after Raph as a turtle I felt the wind freeze my face,"Chilly." I said. "Not really." Raph shrugged. "You know now that I think about it my shell pops out more at the top and it has a diffrent design on the front compared to yours." I pointed out dragging my three fingers across his then mine. He looked at mine."Your right." Raph looked back at his. "So we gonna bust some criminals butts or sit on the roof talking all night tough guy?" I jumped rooftop to rooftop one roof ahead of Raph. I heard voices and stopped on the edge. Raph ran into me and knocked me down. I shifted into a hummingbird and landed on his shoulder,"Not cool Raph." I shifted into a turtle again and we watched Kraang break into a lab,"Really? These doofuses again?" Raph said thick with sarcasim,"Never would've guessed." Then they were followed by a lot of Footclan,"You thinkin what I'm thinking?" I punched Raph softly in the arm. "Don't even." But I already jumped off the roof shifting into a hawk. Landing behind the Foot with a thump they turned,"Hey look it's a new turtlet in town. Where'd she come from?" I shrugged. In there moment of confussion of me the grey bandanna girl voiced mutant turtle I took down a group. Raph at my side we beat the leigon and crashed inside,"We're to late." I said noticing somethings were missing. And the shape of the cases didn't look to good,"They stole mutagen. Now why does Shredder need mutagen?" Raph asked. "Thanks Captian Obvious! They've stole mutagen to probably mutate something! Whoa!" I said thick with sarcasim an a face of 'really?' "Okay of course there gonna mutate something but what?" Raph said shaking his hands. "Well maybe we would find out on Fourth if we went there to see there truck broke down sputtering super loudly giving away there position thanks to my good listening." I pointed out. "Lead the way your highness." Raph bowed as I jumped across the knocked out Foot bodies everywhere. Raph followed and we found the Kraang robots fixing there van. I snuck inside as a fly and Raph would stick to the rooftops.

I watched Raph look over the edge down on us until...he disappeared over the edge as an arm grabbed him in a headlock,"Raph!" I cried out shifting human. That gave away my position. I knocked down the few robots and jumped on the roof to see Karai with Raph in a choking headlock. Turning into a snow leopard I crashed into Karai with a snarl. Raph sprawled out on the roof coughing. I shifted turtle and grabbed his sais. I clashed with Karai sais against katannas. The metal made a spark clashing against each other. Eyes full of rage I jerked the sais and the katannas flew out of Karais hands. I threw the sais to Raph and grabbed the katannas slashing at her face. Raph joined me cornering Karai into a bilboard. I growled and Raph held her at sai-point."Let me go please." Karai begged. "Never!" Raph retorted. "Why would we anyway?" I asked getting closer so the katannas almost scraped her belly. "Wanna feel what it's like to have your side cut open? And how 'bout your face down to the beginning of your chest hmm? Sound fun huh?" I snarled,"Raph do me the honours as I pin her like she did to me when she slashed my side." I held her down and Raph's sai ran along her side,"How's it feel good girl hmm? Good doesn't it? Revenge tastes so good." I said as she screamed in pain.

Letting Karai up she grabbed her katannas and stabbed at Raph. She didn't miss,"Raph!" I screamed. Karai jumped to the other roof and her side bled heavily. She jumped away rooftop to rooftop. I dropped on my knees by Raph's side,"No no no no!" I screamed as blood covered his shell. "Oki get... get Mark he's in the apartment right next to us. He moved not... to long ago." I shifted into a big polar bear and grabbed Raph's shell gently in my jaws and carried him to the apartment and knocked on the door. Mark opened it,"Who is- OMIGOSH Oki your a polar bear and that's oh no... get inside!" Mark said. I shifted snow leopard and nudged Raph gently inside. I lapped my tounge over his shell to clean the blood as Mark got Donnie on the line and told him Raph was hurt and he needed to get here A.S.A.P! I found the puncture and fear replaced my anger. It was in between the crack in his shell. So close to his heart. I tear fell down my face and on to his shell. The one from my damaged eye landed on the wound. Donnie burst through the door and saw me on the floor. He pushed me aside and set to work on Raph,"He's not breathing Oki..." I snarled and left the apartment.

"I'm going to find Karai. And you know what I'm going to do Don." And left the doorway and followed her scent on the wind. Tears fell off my furry cheeks. Raph might be dead. I should of killed Karai when had the chance. I almost stumbled over Karai walking. She screamed in surprise and fear,"Oki don't kill me!" I snarled pinning her,"Why shouldn't I? Life for a life Karai." "I...I killed Raph?" She said full of fear. I could see it in her eyes. I smashed her spine into the roof,"Yes you did...and now you will pay!" I roared flinging her into a bilboard on the next roof. I jumped landing and shifted into a bear. Roaring in rage I charged Karai. She tryed to get off the ground of the alley but I pinned her. Shifting to my actual self I said,"You killed Raph Karai, I could kill you. But something tells me to not but if you come near anyone again...your going to get it." I shifted snow leopard and disappeared onto the roof. Running back to the apartment I walked back into the room. Raph was sitting up rubbing his head,"Raphie!" I crashed into him wrapping my paws around his shoulders. "When your teardrop from your damaged eye it healed it because of the salve. You saved my shell." Raph said hugging me back. He kissed me and I did back,"I spared Karai but might've broke a few bones and by a few a lot and she's still bleeding pretty heavily. And she's got a good nightmare from me for a coupla years and by a couple forever." I smirked. "That's my girl." Raph rubbed my head fur. "Hey it's me. Threatnin and awesome." I shrugged. "Well I'm glad neither of us is hurt but an enemy is badly damaged." Raph said hugging me again. "Me too." I hugged back.

___________
end of chap 17
___________

...a/n: the songs used are The Night Before by Carrie Underwood and Your Guardian Angel by The Red Jumpsuit Appartus...