Too strong. (A Percy Jackson fan fic)

Prologue: Percy

I. Hate. The. Gods.

I. Hate. My. Life.

I. Hate. The. Fates.

I. Hate. My. Father.

I hate everything that has to do with demigod life.

And it's all their fault.
*

*
All I wanted to do was to hang out with my cousins, and my new best friend. My cousin, by the way is Thalia Grace, daughter of Zeus. Or, she used to be. But I'll get to that later.

My other cousin, is Nico Di'Angelo. Son of Hades. Same as Thalia, he used to be.

Finally, my new best friend, is Jason Grace, Son of Jupiter (Zeus.). And again, used to be.

And then there's me. You should know who I am. I'm Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon. Well..... now I'm not so sure about that.

You see, it all started this morning. Thalia was in town for a visit, Nico wasn't hiding in the shadows, so I suggested that we hang out. You know a little family time.

"No way! The second one was better!" Thalia insisted. We were fighting over some movie. Can't remember which one it was. Maybe Toy Story?

"No way! The first movie is always the best!" Jason exclaimed.

"Unless it's Superman." I butted in. We all laughed.

"Hey, I'm hungry." Nico said. "What about you guys?"

"Yes!" I said. "I'm starving!" Thalia laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Percy, you're always hungry. You can out-eat a satyr!"

"Hey!" I protested, while my cousins and my best friend laughed at me.

Jason rolled his eyes.

"There's a pizza place down the block. Who's up for pizza?"

We all nodded.

"Race ya there!" I challenged. We all took off running.
*

*
I would like to say that I won. Sadly, I did not. Thalia won. Dam, that girl is fast. Must be all that Hunter of Artemis training. Nico came in second, and I'm pretty sure he cheated. Jason and I were tied.

"No, I won!"

"No, I did!"

"No......I did!"

Nico rolled his eyes.

"Shut up both of you! It was a tie, okay! Now can we please just eat!"

We should have never gone into that restaurant.
*

*
Once we had gotten our seats, we started talking about that movie again. And it's sequel. That was, until the god of messengers came in.

We stared at him all the way until he sat down. The mortals, of course, were oblivious to his presence. Minus that one lady who asked him to send a letter for her.

"What's up cuzes?" He normally calls me cuz, so that must have been where the "cuzes" came from. Or he just wanted to be weird. Most likely the first one through.

"Hello lord Mer.... I mean Hermes." Jason started to say before catching himself.

"Nice save kid."

"It's Jason, my lord."

Hermes shrugged it off. Was it just me, or did he look nervous?

"What do you want Hermes?" I asked.