Epilogue

Teach me how to love
Skye's pov

I had been staring at the sign '56b' for the last 5 minutes, as my body stayed still and ridged. My bones refused to move. Maybe it was the fear that was filling my veins, that stopped me from entering that room.

I was stood in front of Ryder's door and I was terrified of what I would see behind this door. Would Ryder remember me? Or would he not remember who I am? How am I suppose to tell him that I had his twins whilst he was asleep, when he didn't even know who I was.

I tried to shake the fear and anxiety, which was like a heavy weight on my shoulders. Maybe I can't do this after all.

"Are you ok dear?" Came a sweet, curious voice from behind me. I felt a warm hand, fall onto my shoulder. I turned around to see a nurse staring back, slightly worried that I was stood there, staring at a wooden door.

"I...I...I can't do this", I suddenly broke down. Tears, which I had tried to keep back, began to fall down my face. The nurse pulled me into a tight, motherly hug. We stood like that for a few minutes, before she grabbed me by the shoulders and gently pushed me back.

"Do you want to talk about it, honey?" She asked, with a warm smile on her slightly wrinkly face. I began to talk in her features. The nurse had her hair tied back into a right pony tail, beginning to turn grey in places.

Without saying a word, I nodded. The nurse, which I saw was called Lydia, directed me over to some seats, and sat me down.

"Is that your boyfriend or someone in that room?" She asked, with a knowing look on her face.

I nodded. "Yeah it's my boyfriend. He's been in a coma for years. And now that the time has come, I don't know if I'm ready to see him yet." I poured my heart out. "And I feel like I've failed him and that I'm a bad person because I don't have the ball to see my own boyfriend."

The nurse nodded, taking in all this information. "I see. I know how you feel Hun. That's exactly what happened to my husband a whole back. He was involved in a serious motorbike accident and was in a coma for 2 months. They didn't know if he would ever be the same."

I looked into Lydia's eyes, and saw the pain behind them. This must have been very hard for her.

"And then I got the call. That he had finally woken up. I was ecstatic on the phone. The. When it came to seeing him, I was terrified. What if he didn't remember me? What if he hated me?"

"That's exactly how I feel", I sniffled.

"Well, I had this talk with my mum. And she told me to put on a brave face, and stop being such a pansy."

I laughed at her choice of vocabulary.

"Yes, my mum his very old fashioned. Anyway, sweetheart. It's natural to feel like this. To feel all this emotions suddenly hit you. But you've gotta be strong. Think about it. If you don't go in there and see him, your gonna regret it. And he's gonna wonder what happened to you."

I nodded. Suddenly, I felt much better and felt a new surge of energy and courage spill threw me.

I stood and smiled. "Thanks Lydia. Your right. I need to stop being a pussy and get in there. He is my boyfriend after all."

I marched back towards the dreaded door and took a deep breath. There was still a bit of terror in the pit of my stomach. But I brushed it aside. I looked back round to find that the nurse had disappeared.

Frowning, I turned back towards the door. I placed my hand on the handle, and slowly opened the door.
----------------------------------------------
The steady, amazing sound of the heart monitor jumping every time Ryder's heart heat, filled my ears like a peaceful melody. Ryder was lying on the bed, his pale skin as white as snow. His eyelids and under his eyes looked swollen and black. I hated seeing my baby like this.

I slowly walked over to the bed, and took a seat in the comfortable chair I had sat in a million times before, when I had come to visit Ryder's unresponsive, lifeless looking body. I reached out for his warm, skinny hand, and rubbed my thumb along his soft skin.

"Hey Ryder. It's me. Yes, I know what your thinking. She's hear again." I let out a little chuckle at my comment. "But I heard that you are making signs of recovery and I had to come and see it for myself. You seem a lot healthier and more alive today than you have been for a while. God, Ryder. I never though that you would wake up. I thought you would sleep like this forever, and never be able to see our beautiful children. I though I would never be able to put a gold ring on that finger of yours. And you put one on mine. But now, maybe we can finally do that.

"I'm sorry I took so long to to get here. To be completely honest with you, I was terrified of what might happen when you finally opened your eyes. I've been dreaming about it for years. You would open those beautiful eyes that I remember so dearly, and flash me that winning smile, that won me over at the start. Did I tell you that Ryder has started nursery? I probably have. I nearly cried when he let go of my hand, and ran off to play with the other children. But it's all good. I had the twins with.

"Their also doing very well. Both going through the stage were they say 'no' or 'why'. And you left me to deal with that. Only joking. Did you know that we have been engaged for two years now. Well, you never actually proposed to me, but I was the ring in you pocket. And I said yes of course.

"I've told you all this before. You must be getting very bored of it now. But it still makes me smile when I talk about it, or look down at my ring." My eyes traveled down to the glistening diamond engagement ring Ryder had bought me. A smile creeped across my lips. "Oh Ryder. Why did you have to leave me? Everyday I blame myself for what has happened to you. If it wasn't for me doing my job, then you wouldn't be in a coma right now. But please wake up baby. I miss you so much."

Suddenly, sadness took over me, and ended my heartfelt speech. I placed my head in my hands, and let the aching pain in my chest take over. I leant over onto Ryder's bed, and held him tightly. My shattered heart lay in pieces on the bedsheets.

A tunnel of darkness clouded my thoughts, and I drifted away.
------------------—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys. How is everyone??

I know that I said I was gonna end that there but I read the last chapter and though that I had to add another part onto it. This isn't going to be the last chapter, I am going to add on another. I don't know how long that will take me.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed my book, and have enjoyed my book. If you want to check out anymore of my work, I am writing a book called 'His beautiful red rose'. Please go and check that out. I would really appreciate it.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Love Megs xxx