Chapter twenty four

I wanna go back. Forget that it's over.

Skye's PoV
The slam of the door still rang in my ears. The look of death on Ryder's face, was still painted in my head. I was curled up in bed with Georgi, trying to get rid of the aching feeling in my chest, which I had never felt before.

Georgi stirred in his sleep, and I cringed, willing him to go back to sleep. I waited for his loud persistent cries to fill the empty apartment. But he rolled into his side, and drifted back to sleep.

I had been lying awake for what felt like hours, and I already missed Ryder's around around me, making me feel safe whilst I feel asleep against his chest. His hot breath fanning the back of my neck, his toned body pressed against mine. Silent tears began to roll down my red, puffy cheeks. I bet I looked like a wreck.

Suddenly, the white ceiling lit up, and my ringtone rang out into the night. George's eyes flew open, and he cried out, annoyed that he had been so rudely awoken. I felt for my phone in my bedside table, and answered the call. A flicker of hope crossed my face, as I wondered if Ryder's deep, apologetic voice would sound out of the speaker.

"Hello", I said into the phone, rocking the crying baby in my arms. He slowly began to calm down and settled back to sleep in my arms.

"Hello, is this Skye McConnel?" An unfamiliar voice rang through the speaker. My hopefulness was replaced by confusing. Who would be calling me at this time of night?

"Yes this is she. Who is this?" I questioned the caller. I placed the peaceful Georgi onto the middle of my bed and tiptoed out of the room, my phone still pressed to my ear. A pool of light filled the hallway, as I flicked the switch on the wall.

"Hello, Skye. I hate to inform you of this, and this may be difficult to hear. But your boyfriend, Ryder Simmons, was involved in a serious car accident. He is in a coma at the moment, in Adam Brooks hospital", the steady calming voice informed me. My heart shattered into a million pieces. Fear swept through me, as I started to walk back towards my bedroom.

"Ok, I'll be right there", I tried to say without my voice breaking. I hung up the phone and frantically began to get myself ready for a trip to the hospital.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I charged through the doors of the emergency part of the hospital, and sprinted towards the reception desk. I clung into Georgi's car seat, as he gargles away. I was out of breath and I must have looked it.

"Excuse me, can you please tell me where I can find Ryder Simmons's room", I tried to get all my words out, so the girl behind the desk could understand me.

The receptionist eyes flew up to my face from the paper work she had been sorting. She saw my tomato red face. "Are you a family member, or a friend?" She asked in a bored voice.

"No, actually. I'm his girlfriend", I answered smugly, just to piss her off. I gave her a dangerous look before adding, "So could you please tell me where I can find Ryder Simmons?" The receptionist gave me another look, but search up his name on the computer in front of her.

"He's in room 24b", she sighed, and continued to sort out the paper, which was scattered all over the desk. I turned around and found a large map of the hospital on the wall. It looked very complicated with lots of room numbers and different coloured lines.

"What room are you looking for, love?" Came a kind voice from beside me. I looked at where the voice was coming from, to find a young pretty nurse, smiling back at me. She had obviously seen my confused and agitated face.

I smiled at her, instantly taking a liking to her. Her beautiful blond hair was scrapped back into a messy bun on the top of her head. I looked at her name tag to find that her name was Matilda. "Ummm, room 24b", I recited.