Fifteen: Extendable Ears

Start from the beginning

"You what?" I screamed. 

She covered my mouth. 

"Shut up!"

"No, tell me why you kissed Ron!" I demanded.  

"Fine, but you have to swear you won't tell." Hermione whispered. 

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. Whatever. I promise. Now tell me!"

"Okay... I sort of... have a crush on Ron?" She said quietly. 

"What?" I pretended not to hear her. "Talk louder, I can't hear you."

"I said that I have a crush on Ron." She said loudly. 

I clamped a hand over her mouth as Ron and Harry turned around. "Did you guys hear something?"

"Hear something?" I said nervously. "Oh, no. Nothing, nothing at all. Probably just you. Or maybe it was a bird. Maybe a werewolf! Who knows what it could've been, but I sure know it wasn't Hermione telling me her crush!"

Hermione glared daggers at me. Lucky for me, Harry and Ron weren't the brightest. 

"Um, yeah, we never thought Hermione was telling you a secret. She doesn't have any secrets, she's an open book." Ron said, rolling his eyes. 

Harry and Ron turned around, heading back to Blaise, Goyle, and Crabbe. 

"Pansy, that was way too obvious!" Hermione hissed. "I swear, if they would've heard what I told you, I'd kill you."

"Gulp." I said nervously. 

Hermione smiled, and we walked into Hogsmeade. "So, where are you supposed to meet Hunter?"

"The Three Broomsticks." I told her. 

Hermione grimaced. "Alright. I'll make sure the boys don't go near there."

"Wait, you're not... what? You'd do that for me?" I asked, speechless. 

Hermione was willing to spend the whole trip with five boys, just so I could go on my date without worrying about the guys catching me. 

"I might be going mad, but yes, I will. Because you're my friend, and you've never really dated anyone, so I'm really hoping this works out for you." Hermione smiled. 

I was about to thank her, but Hermione dashed away and linked arms with Blaise and Harry. 

"Hey Pansy." A deep voice said. I turned around to be met with the face of Hunter. 

I blushed, and looked at the ground. "Hi Hunter."

"So, wanna go?" He asked me. 

"Yeah. Let's go." I said shyly, brushing a lock of hair behind my ear. 

We walked silently to the Three Broomsticks. I hated that we weren't talking. I wanted to talk to him, but I had no idea what to say, and I was super nervous. 

A bell rang as we pushed the door open, and we saw the bartender come over. "Can I help you?"

"Table for two please." Hunter said. 

She smiled at us, flipping her straight blonde hair behind her shoulder. "Alright, this way."

We followed her for what seemed like ages before we stopped at a table. I sat down across from Hunter. 

"What would you like?" She pulled out a notepad and pen. 

"Butterbeer please." I smiled at her. 

"Uh, Firewhiskey." Hunter ordered. 

The waitress stared at him. "Aren't you a little young for Firewhiskey?"