Fifteen: Extendable Ears

Start from the beginning

"Let's go." I said. 

We linked arms and walked down to the Great Hall, where everyone was meeting for Hogsmeade. Most students were already there. Oddly enough, I didn't see Harry, Ron, or Blaise. Goyle and Crabbe waved us over, but we ignored them. 

Hermione and I hated them, but we never showed it in front of the others. 

It would cause rivalries, and we didn't want to split up our friends, so we decided to keep it a secret. 

Just like I was keeping Hunter's identity a secret from Hermione. 

I didn't want anyone to know, since I don't know what house he's in yet. We'd agreed to meet in the Hog's Head, not walk together. I didn't want to be seen with him unless I was sure that he was "the one". 

He had to be. He was the most perfect guy ever, that I'd only met yesterday. But I was still in love with him. 

Hermione poked me. "Hey, is that your mystery guy?"

She was pointing directly at Hunter. "No." I lied. 

"But he's exactly how you described the guy! And nobody at Hogwarts has hair dye, so he stands out from everyone else." Hermione pointed out. 

"Okay, just don't tell anyone. I'm not sure what house he's in yet. You know the boys would hate it if he was Gryffindor." I whispered to her. 

She grinned. "Or even worse... a Hufflepuff!"

I smiled. "Haha. Actually Hufflepuff seems like a cool house."

"Anyway, I don't care what house he's in. If you like him, you like him. His blood status and house don't matter to me. If he's good for you, then I'm okay with it." Hermione smiled. 

I teared up. "Thanks, Hermione." I hugged her tightly. 

"We should go." Hermione said. 

I noticed everyone leaving in groups, so Hermione and I trailed at the back of the group. "So, hows Ron?"

Hermione smirked. "Oh, I think he's a little embarassed about your proposal, Pansy."

"What?" I tilted my head, confused. "What are you talking about?"

Hermione cracked up. She couldn't stop laughing. 

"Oh my god, that's so funny, you don't remember." She wiped a tear from her eye. 

"Tell me what happened." I demanded. 

"Okay, so I came into the common room, and-" She started, but cracked up again. 

"Oh my god, I'll hex you to next year if you don't tell me now!" I shouted. 

"Okay, so I saw a crowd, and Ron and Harry were being weird, and I found out they were drunk. So then I tried to take Ron to his dorms so he could sleep, because Harry is more stubborn and Ron would be easier. Anyway, you stopped me." Hermione said. 

I had a bad feeling about this. Somehow, I had a deep feeling I knew what had happened. 

"And, I did what?" I asked. 

She cracked a smile. "You said, no, Hermione, you  can't take Ron up to bed. We're gettin' married. This is our engagement party!" 

I felt my cheeks turn red. I felt like hiding under a rock. 

"I.... I proposed to Ron?" I almost shrieked. 

Hermione cackled with laughter. "Yes...and then I kissed him." She looked horrified and clamped a hand over her mouth.