Epilogue

~****~

(Eight and a Half Years Later)

      It was silent as Frey and I ran along to corridor. Chace and Chace have no idea where we are. Yes, that's right. We're playing hide-and-seek.

       Chace and I had twins six years ago. Eight years ago, Cecily and William got married, ensuring peace to our kingdoms. Chace and I rule this kingdom now. Yeah, I'm Queen Verin and Chace is King Verin. Cool, huh?

      "Mom, hurry up!" Frey called back to me. "They're going to find us if we don't get there soon!" We race along the hall, trying to be as silent as we could. I saw Peter and told him to zip it. He chuckled and shook his head.

      We finally made it to my old room and hid under my old bed. Frey looked at me and giggled. I held my hand up to my lips and shook my head. She sobered immediately. We both stared at the door, waiting for the boys to emerge from it.

    See, whenever we play hide-and-seek, Frey insists we hide here. Every time. I laughed in my head. She just doesn't seem to graspt the concept that they know this hiding place.

    Chace and Chace burst through the door a couple seconds later. I heard Frey take a breath of air, and I shook my head at her. She closed her eyes and put her hands over her tiny ears, as if that  could stop them from finding us.

    Little Chace junior grabbed his sister and pulled her out from under the bed. My love pulled me out gently and kissed my cheek. "Found you," he whispered. Little Chace, however, had other ideas. "WE FOUND YOU!" he bellowed. Frey winced and hit his arm. "YOU SCREAMED IN MY EAR, STUPID!" she shouted. Chace and I laughed as they chased after each other.

   "So, I see you hid in the same place again," Chace said, running his fingers through my hair. My breath caught, as it usually did. "Don't you think we would go get them?" I asked, slightly breathless. He chuckled at my reaction and shook his head. He trailed his lips up my neck, leaving little kisses here and there.

   I laughed and pushed him off me. "Let's go before they kill each other," I said. He laughed and straightened my little vrown I always wore. Chace insisted I wear it on the middle of my head, but I like wearing it tilted. It looks much cooler. Chace's crown was always on the center of his head. We both have them pinned in out hair so they won't fall out when we run around, chasing little Chace and Frey.

   "Oh, I love you, Rosealinda," he said, pulling me along the hallway. "Hey!" I said, pulling him to a stop. "I love you, too," I said. I kissed him sweetly.

~****~

It's over. Thanks for reading! :)

xxSavannah