Chapter 12

A/N: I'm back!! lol

~****~

         For the next few days, Chace hung around with us. He didn't try anything, besides the occasional kiss, and for that I was thankful. I know he's not the kind of guy to push me into anything. He took me places, places I never knew existed, places beyond my wildest dreams. Every step of the way, Peter and Vince were there, to comfort me if anything went wrong.

         I think I love Chace. I mean, I haven't known him all that long, but I really think that doesn't matter. I think all that matters is if the person cares for you and treats you right. It doesn't matter. All love can take is a glance, and it's there.

      On that fateful day, two months later, we were watching TV when the screen suddenly changed. Stupid William. I scooted forward in my seat as Vince groaned. "My favorite part was coming up soon," he moaned. I smirked a little. Today I word a pair of baggy jeans and a tee. My hair was spiked and, if I do say so myself, looked very good.

     "Princess," he started. "I know you hate me. Hell, even I hate me. But you can't be this selfish to keep hiding. I need you to come home. You father's going to declare war on us if you don't, I know how much you hate war. Rosealinda, please, come back. I promise I won't hurt you ever again. We'll have a great marriage." I put my head in my hands.

     There was a little scuffe and Dad came on the screen. "Rose, honey," he said softly. "I know you're listening. It's unlike you to run away. We know Peter's with you right now. We want you to come home. We miss you. I'm sorry you have to marry William, but it's best for the kingdom. Please, Rose." A tear escaped his eye. "Please come home." Then the screen went back to the TV show.

    Peter took me in his arms and Vince gave me an apologetic look. Chace was clueless. "Why are you getting all sad over that?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck. "I mean, you don't know her, do you?" I am her. I shook my head. "No, it's just sad," I lied, cursing myself inside. He nodded, turning back to the show.

~****~

    That was then. This is now. I'm gettign ready for a date. One with Chace, of course. Peter and VInce decided to let me go as a girl; the real me. I dressed up in my favorite green dress. I wore back heels and spiked my hair. What? I like it like that.

    It might be stupid, but I want Chace to see me like Rosealinda. Princess Rosealinda. I stepped out of my room and Vince whistled. "Lookin' hot, Rosie," he said. I blushed slightly. Peter walked up behind me and kissed me cheek. "You look beautiful," he said, matter-of-factly. I smirked. I stepped away from him and threw my hands up, wiggling my hips around.

    Vince and Peter laughed. "You look like you're having a seisure," Vince chuckled. "Yeah, and then you died, but you're still having one," Peter added. Vince and I stopped laughing and looked at peter like he was an idiot, which, for that comment, he is. He put his hands up in surrender. Vince and Peter looked over my shoulder, just as hands attached themselves around my waist.

   "Chace," I said, a bit breathlessly. "You look stunning," he whispered in my ear. Vince gagged. "Save the lovey stuff for your date," he said. Vince left the room with a grimace. I turned around to see Chace rolling his eyes. "Let's go, Rose," he said. "We're going to be late." He didn't tell me where we're going, in case you were wondering.

     Chace drove for about fifteen minutes. "Chace?" I asked. "Do you have parents?" After I said it, I winced. What kind of idiot says things like that. He winced, almost not visible. "Um, yeah," he said. "We just had a... falling out." I could tell there was more, but I didn't  press him for it. "Do you?" he countered. I nodded. "Yeah," I said. "But they're the reason I ran away. That and.. well, never mind." He stayed silent for the rest of the ride.

   He pulled up at a crowded little cinema. I laughed. "A little traditional, don't you think?" I said. He chuckled. "Well, I thought instead of the out-of-this-world stuff, I would do something normal for a change. Besides, this gives us a reason to make out." I blushed. "Uhuh," I mumbled. He hopped out of the car with a laugh and came around to my side, taking my arm and leading me inside.

     He paid for our tickets. As we were getting popcorn, I spotted the idiot that called me a faggot. "What's his name again?" I asked. Chace chuckled. "Him? Garrett," he said. I laughed, and turned around. "Hey Garrett!" I shouted. A few people gave me disapproving glances, but I didn't care. He turned at the sound of his name. "Yeah, babe?" he answered. I winced. I hate that nickname.

      "I hate you!" I shouted at him. Garrett looked a little hurt and surprised. "Why, baby?" he asked. I grit my teeth, and Chace put his arm around my shoulders. "You're an asshole," I said. "That's why." He glared at us before turning back to his posse. Chace and I laughed, exchanging a high-five. The cashier gave us our popcorn and we headed in to see the movie.

     We're going to see The Avengers. Yeah, it might be a boy movie, but I've been waiting so long to see that movie. It just seems amazing. After we sat down, Chace took my hand and rubbed his finger across the back of my hand, effectively making me shiver.

   The movie started, and I got really into it. I was right, it is amazing! As soon as the movie ended, Chace and I filed out of there fast. A lot of people came to see that movie, so it was quite crowded. We hurried out onto the street and decided to go for a walk. We were silent most of the way. With Chace's hand in mine, I was content to just be there with him.

     "Rose," he started. "I know I haven't been with you that long, but I really like you, a lot." My heart skipped a beat just hearing him say it. "I really like you, too," I said. He smiled, looking relieved. "Rose, I want you to be my-" He was cut off my someone calling my name. "Princess Rosealinda?" I whirled around to see William. "What do you want?' I snarled. "I knew it was you," he said, looking relieved.

     "Get her!" he shouted, and a whole squad of people sprang from the bushes. I had no time to react, as the people grabbed at me and started pulling me away from Chace. He held onto my, but I could feel his grip loosening. I gave him a helpless look.

    "Rose?" he asked. "What? You are the Princess?" Shit. "Um.." I started, trying to think of something to say. "Chace, I couldn't tell a lot of people! I wanted to tell you, trust me on that one. But I- I couldn't tell you!" Chace dropped my hand and took a few steps back. "If I'd have known you were Princess, I wouldn't have touched you with a two foot pole. No, make that ten foot," he said. "I never want to see you again!"

   With that being said, he turned around and stalked away, without one backward glance. With every step he took, I could feel my heart breaking a little more. William came to stand next to me and put his arm around my shoulders. I shrugged it off and kicked him in the shin. "Ow!" he shouted. "What the heck was that for?" I hissed at him, trying to get away from my captors. "It's your fault! I hate you even more now!" I screamed in his face.

   He wiped my spit off and that just made me even more enraged. When I really thought about what Chace said, my anger faded into despair. I went limp and cried. It was going so well, too. I only have myself to blame, though. I was the stupid one to go out looking as a girl. My tears fell on my dress and the ground, making little wet spots.

   "Ready to go home?" William asked. I looked up with hatred shining in my eyes. "No use in staying here anymore," I said. "When are we getting married? The sooner the better. Let's get out of here. I'm never going to Derbyshire again."William gave me a look as the men carried me to the car. I snarled, trying to get out of their grip. "Get- off me!" I screamed. "I'm not going anywhere! Don't you see? Why would I? Chace doesn't want me anymore."

   William gave the men a look and they let me go. "Don't worry, Princess," he said, and I winced. "I'll treat you right. Better then that blue-streaked boy ever could." I cried heavily. "But- but I love him!" I said. "I love him!" William gave me a sharp look. "Gotta get rid of those feelings. We're getting married soon," he said. I looked at my feet, climbing in the limo. I know.

~****~