Sneak Peek

"It is a big and beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don't want to be the most of us."

~ Oberyn Martell

____________

"I like this one."

"But I like this one!"

"Mine smells better."

"Mine is better."

"How, exactly?"

"It's more vibrant."

"Ugh, vibrant is old now. Soft colors are in."

"Who said so?" The native asked.

"Forward." The tourist gave a victory grin.

"Girls. You aren't buying for each other. Just pick what you want for yourselves instead of arguing." She rolled her eyes.

Both the girls huffed and turned their backs on each other. A faint sound reached her ears, "But still, mine is way better."

The brunette laughed inwardly but maintained her cool composture in front of her friends. Those two were like accidental random beads on the same string. They were the Sun and the Moon related only due to the Earth. Or maybe two galaxies far away, with one spacecraft travelling between the two and relating them. And that link was the gorgeous lawyer standing between them, Evangeline.

Moving closer to Loisa, she whispered, "By the way, I do like your pick more," and winked.

She immediately beamed. "I knew it. After all, I'm the one who lives here. I have the best pick. See, I told you," she shouted out to Coraline who stared back at her with wide eyes.

"What?"

Evangeline shook her head. "Never mind, girls. We'd better get going otherwise this place won't be fully explored."

Loisa looked like she was about to cry. "No! I want you guys to see my motherland the best. Zamboagna isn't a random stop by like most people think so." Her eyes flickered to the third girl with them. "I'll prove that today! Let's go." And she dragged them to the bus station.

They ran across the road, nearly being hit. The flower carts lined the footpath and Evangeline just couldn't suppress the building urge to get one. Besides, they were in The City of Flowers, how could she not want to get a single stalk. Her friends had got many as well like Loisa had pressed that 'Don't even think about boarding the plane without having each species of flower growing here, in your bag'. Then how could she say no? Well, sadly, the memories associated with those innocent looking beasts forced her to take this drastic step. She closed her eyes upon them and faced her rushing friends.

"Ok Lo, relax. With you among us, we surely won't miss even a tiny street," she laughed.

"Exactly, what I'm afraid of," added Coraline.

"Shut it, Cora. When you'll be off from here touring elsewhere, that time you'll understand how beautiful my country is."

The sensible one put a hand on the native's shoulder. "Hey Lo, don't get emotional. Every place has a beauty begging to be discovered. Nothing is less comparable in this world. Your home or my home, they have their own places. Never get choked up over such little things. Be happy with what you have and relish it. Life is too short to be spent in competition."

"Another dialogue added into my travel diary: Evangeline Landon's Section," Coraline quickly snapped open her notebook and typed rapidly.

Loisa grinned. "Wow. That's why I love you! You are a genius. No wonder you have the best life among us!"

Best life. She felt like snorting. If only they knew what they consider her life as the best actually is. Evangeline shook her head. "What did I just say about comparison?"

"The bus!" Loisa yelled. "It's coming!"

'That girl will never understand', thought Evangeline, as she shook her hair and faced the upcoming bus. Just as it stopped, her friends hurried in but a sudden wave swept across her, making her feet stick to the ground. A tiny step was impossible. All those lost, thick emotions overcame her and she felt as if someone was raking the Evangeline she had developed in such a long time exposing remnants of the timid, impulsive, irratinal, emotionally wrecked Eva burried underneath. The ferocious wind ruffled her nicely set hair but she couldn't even move her hand to keep it in place. She was frozen, eyes set on the silhouette of the gem she had vowed to never sense again.

How rightly it has been said that you always get the unwanted where there are unwanted and never the wanted where they are wanted.

Surely enough, it was him. Standing at the end of the bus sightseeing just like she was about to. She could have sensed him from the next building, right in front and not recognize was like a lioness closing eyes at a healthy zebra. Out of the question.

Her dreams haunter.
The one and only, Braydon Asher.

What a splendid tour I have planned for myself.

_________

Views, darlings. And cast suggestions ; )

Oh and that's Evangeline Landon a.k.a Mahira Khan in media. The background is such as it's the City of Flowers trip currently.
; )

- HNJahangiri

12.11.16