Malaika got on the circular stage in the middle of the room, with people seated around in two semi circles. The stage was a little elevated form the ground, so that everyone had a good view. The priest started with the vows, but I couldn’t care less. I was busy smiling at the best couple on Earth. They were gazing into each other’s eyes so deep, that I had to look away. It felt as if I was interrupting something intimate, personal.

I looked up to all the clapping and cheering as both of them kissed and quickly pulled away. Then everything started off. Pictures, guests congratulating them, and talking to each other. I went up and hugged both of them, when Malaika whispered into my ear.

“The baby loves you. It moves everytime you touch my tummy.”

“I love you too, baby.” I kissed her belly and left.

I sat in a corner, with Selena, Hailie, Aryan, Suhana, Trisha, and every other teen, tween in the ceremony. I knew most of them, but wasn’t a great friend. We just met at events and stuff, and never got any closer. But I was perfectly fine, because my best friends were with me.

“That was awesome!” Hailie exclaimed. “I loved the dress!”

“Miss Fashion conscious.” Selena murmured, and Hailie pouted.

“Guys, why aren’t there any guys I know? I need some dudes!” Aryan sighed.

“Dude, are you saying you are bored of us?” I asked, Selena catching on.

“Yep, I thought we were friends! I can’t believe you don’t want to hang out with us anymore.” She added with her beyond average acting skills.

“I didn’t mean to…”

“They are just messing with you. Chill.” Nick interrupted Aryan, taking a chair next to me.

“You just have to spoil everything with logic, right?” I smacked his head.

“And you just have to be violent.”  He countered, rubbing his skull.

“Where are Joe and Kevin?” Hailie asked all of a sudden, looking around the place.

“Oh, out. They spotted some ‘dusky beauties’…” he air quoted the ‘dusky beauties’ part.

“Guys.” Me and Sel chorused and giggled. Everyone around knew each other. Hell, my Mumbai friends and LA friends were now so close to each other.

“And Mama and Papa Jonas?” Sel asked, between giggles.

“Off talking to some insanely boring and full of themselves people, I guess.” He shrugged.

“Aww, Nicky. Not everyone here is arrogant.” I said, though I knew he was struggling with his diabetes. I hated seeing him in a situation he couldn’t handle.

“I know. Just the people I happened to meet were. Except that one girl, so lovely.”

Aryan was so grateful for Nick to be here. They started off with their ‘man talk’. Whatever. We were busy talking crap and cracking jokes on Nick and Aryan. And Trisha, well she didn’t speak. I wondered what was wrong with her. Everyone around was chipper, but she was sitting silently.

“Hey, Trisha. I hope I got your name right.”

“Yes, that’s right. But just call me T.”

“Oh, ok. You live in NYC too, right?” I asked, trying to get her talking. What was arong with her? Her eyes were devoid of any emotion. Which was freaky.

“Yes.”

“Oh. I love that city.”

“I don’t.”

Awkward situation. Before it got any more awkward, Amrita pulled me for a mini photo shoot . It was so much better than every day. Just one dude, treating us with respect, keeping his distance and not shoving his camera into our face. Bliss.

“Ok, guys I know want the bride, groom, and the priest only!” the photographer ordered.

I left their side and went out for some fresh air. Seriously, I loved the decoration and the people, but I wanted to look at the ocean. I loved how the air managed to mess my hair up. Kidding. I just loved how majestic and huge the blue empire looked.

I walked to the upper deck, where, surprisingly nobody was to be seen. Maybe they are all still inside in the ballroom. I stood there, staring at the calm waves, when a hand grabbed my arm roughly.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tada!!! how was the wedding? More importantly, who was it that grabbed her hand?? guesses? any? I'd like to know who you guys think it is!!

hope you liked it!!