4. Opening Up....

Manik entered the interview room to find Nandini sitting over there. She had composed herself and remained unaffected by Manik's presence. She stood up when Manik handed her the file. Cabir and Navya too entered. Welcome to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Manik said in a cold tone. Nandini looked at him shocked while Cabir and Navya were very happy.

Thank you so much SIR. Nandini said in a low voice. Manik looked at her blankly when she addressed him as SIR. Navya and Nandini hugged each other. While Cabir side-hugged Nandini. Their happiness for Nandini was reflecting on their faces. But Manik blankly kept staring at nandini.

Cabir I think hume na nandini ko pure writing house ka tour dena chahiye? What's say? Navya asked cabir.

Even before Cabir could say anything manik interrupted them. NAHII YOU AND CABIR NEED TO GO TO THE PUBLICATION ROOM. Manik's voice loud and he spoke in so much haste that the other three were literally staring at him.

Bro what's wrong? Tu chila kyun raha hai? Cabir asked Manik still staring at him. Aa....woh...main yeh keh raha tha ki tujhe aur Navya ko na publications check karne chahiye woh Ajit had called me. This time manik said in a normal yet fumbling tone.

Haan theek hain na chale jayenge. Pehle hum nandini ko uska cabin toh dekha de. Navya said. It was very unusual for Manik to react like this. It was new for Cabir and Navya. But Nandini somewhere knew what he was upto.

Main dikha deta hoon. Manik volunteered to help Nandini. This shocked Cabir and Navya even more. The Manik Malhotra volunteering to show around to a newbie. THE RUTHLESS HEARTLESS SADU KHADOOS AKDU TYPES MANIK MALHOTRA VOLUNTEERED TO SHOW AROUND.

Yaar teri tabiyat toh theek hain na? Cabir asked after checking Manik's forehead. You are not serious. Haina? Cabir squinted his eyes. He was now sure that there was something that manik was hiding. Manik's actions were different and they were acting opposite to his chracter.

Manik could sense that Cabir was suspicious of his behaviour. To avoid any more CBI inquiry rounds, he spoke in a stern voice. Cabir and Navya enough of wasting time. Get back to work. Navya and Cabir made a bad face seeing him getting angry and moved out waving a bye to nandini.

There was complete silence in the room. Nandini was standing at her place looking at the floor while Manik too stood at his place. He was looking everywhere except for Nandini. He ran his hands in his hair, calming himself.

Ummm.....come I.....I....will show you your cabin. Manik broke the silence. The situation was getting worse. They had never imagined that there would ever be any space for awkwardness between them. It was making them feel uncomfortable. Both of them were playing with their fingers. Nandini kept tangling & untangling her fingers. While Manik either played with the buttons of his shirt or fisted his hand in his jeans pocket.

To avoid further awkwardness Manik walked towards the door and pulled it. He waited for Nandini to take a step but she didn't even move an inch. So he spoke up, Come...Let's go. His voice was gentle and calm. He wasn't in his usual behaviour of being harsh, angry or agitated. He was behaving completely contradictory to his nature. It seems as if the real Manik is coming out which was hidden from the world.......

As soon as Manik said Nandini looked up and moved towards the door. She stepped out of the room and stood outside waiting for Manik to join her and show her the way. Manik followed her. Again they both stood there in the corridor. This time they weren't looking down or playing with their fingers and attires. This time they were looking in each others eyes. There was a whirlpool of emotions inside them. Their eyes reflected their inner soul.

Nandini was the one to break their accord. She moved a little away from Manik. Ummm sir can you please show me the way to my cabin. Nandini said while avoiding to meet his intense gaze and kept looking somewhere else. Manik inhaled a deep breath. Come lets go. Your cabin is on the fourth floor which is alloted to the editors and writers.