"So that means everything I did was magic?" I asked curiously.

My mother nodded her head smiling, "Yes. Magic indeed. I saw this day coming when you were one year old and you got wanted a bottle." She laughed as she recalled the memory. "Your bottle poofed right beside you from the table beside me."

"So where is Hogwarts?" I asked curiously trying to steer the subject into one to gain more information about the school I would be going to.

An uneasy look crossed her face, I wonder why that question made her feel like that.

"Your school is in Scotland, you will meet one of your new Professors tonight who will take you to Scottland and help you prepare for school which starts in a few weeks."

"I have to leave New York?!" I practically freaked. My mother just nodded.

I glanced at the second part of the letter that came with the first. My eyes grasped the first words and began reading carefully.

The list of supplies/ book list is as follows

---

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft And Wizardry

Uniform:

First year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. one plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black with silver fastenings)

Set Books

All Students should have a copy of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllis Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter standard size 2)

1 set of glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set of brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.

Once I was finished I let out a uneven breath. So I had to leave home for 7 years and probably never see my mom again. I wasn't sure if I could do this but maybe I could give it a try, maybe I might enjoy being a witch and going to magic school. I tried to find some light in leaving the only parent I had. I never met my father because he died over seas while serving our country. I was proud though because my mother was told that he died saving others. I wanted to be like him, brave, loyal, trustworthy, bold.

My mother and I sat talking for several minutes, my father was the main subject as I always loved hearing about how they met and they day he found out I was soon to be a part of their shared world. After she mentioned how much I was like my father I began crying. It just didn't seem fair that I never got to meet the bravest man that helped make me.

After my mother dried my tears she brought me to my feet. "It is about time that you go and pack your bags. Anything that you want to take with you" My mother paused for a moment and took a necklace from around her neck, it was the family crest. "It was your fathers, it was passed down through several generations and from him it was supposed to go to you the day you turned 11 but since you will be at school by then it seems fitting that I pass it to you now." My mother placed the necklace around my neck and fastened it before she brought me into a long hug. "Your father would be proud to see you wearing this." she whispered to me before she scooted me out into the hall. "Hurry and pack now, she should be along shortly."

I walked to my bedroom and took out my large traveling trunk and began packing my clothes, a diary, writing utensils and my photo album. Along with it I pack a few other personal things and then closed it. I sat on my trunk and thought about the days to come, what would it be like, would I have any friends, and lastly would I be good at being a witch. I was always positive so there was only one answer I allowed myself to place on each of the questions..... Only the best.

_____________________________________________________________________

Authors Note: So yeah here is chapter one :) Let me know who it is I am very curious. Comments and critique is always welcome.

~Bella Leigh Snow~