My Letter

-Dont forget to add my story to your library and hit the like button to the left of your screen-

_______________________________________________________________________________

I remember the exact day I recieved my letter. I was ten years old. I was laying in the grass in our large backyard when a beautiful owl came fluttering over to my side. I stared in awe as it landed beside me on the ground and dropped a letter on my lap. I was already fascinated but what the letter contained held my interest even more so. I ran my hands across the awkward looking envelope and across the seal before I turned it over.

-Genesis G. Gryffindor

11472 2nd street

Boston New York

United States-

Is what it read. Who had sent me a letter, I wondered. As nosey as I was I tore it open and read.

Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardry

Headmaster Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First class, Grand sorcerer, Chief. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss Gryffindor,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl no later than 31st July.

Yours Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

---

I didn't even bother reading the next letter as I was trying to find some meaning in the first. Getting to my feet I headed into the house. 'What on earth is Hogwarts' I thought to myself.

"Mom" I called out as I entered her bedroom. "I got a letter from Hogwarts"

I walked across the room and handed it to her. She didn't even look at it, she just smiled to me and brought me into a hug. Did she know something about this letter. I silently looked at her, waiting for an explantion. She brought me onto her lap and began a talk.

"My Genesis Godrica Gryffindor, do you know why I named you such?" My mother asked me. I respectively shook my head. "Your surname Gryffindor brings much history from the Magical world. Your middle name comes from your grandfather of many centuries from your fathers side, Godric. He was one of the four founders of the school that will become your home for 7 years. From the word of Godric himself written in a letter that was passed down through every Gryffindor relative and onto me once your father died. It was said that the girl born to a father who had perished while doing a brave deed shall be named Genesis as she will be bringing a new beginning to the name of Gryffindor with the awakening of her magical blood."

I looked at my mother like she was crazy because that is exactly how she sounded, nothing she said made any sense at all but I knew better and I listened.

"You see Godric placed a spell on the family name and it could only be broken by a special childs birth, that birth would be you. Up until today every immediate ancestor was a squib, your father and myself included. But you my love you are a witch and you will be a great one." She finished tapping my nose.

That last sentence my mother spoke to me struck a chord. Me being a witch, a magical witch made my life make much more sense than it had 5 minutes ago. Alot of weird things happened to me when I got scared or angry. When I lost something I would wish over and over again that I could find it an I did. When I wanted something from a spot I couldn't reach it would appear right next to me.