Take a moment, remind yourself

After hours of looking for Morty, we found him in the shed, hiding. He won't tell us why and he won't come out. "Well, Grandpa Rick, if you can't beat them, join them!" Summer mumbled shoving me towards the shed. I rolled my eyes and pushed her off. "I can escort myself, thank you." I hissed and walked to the shed, climbing in with my grandson.

     "So..." I looked at him. "What." He turned away. "What's wrong? You can tell me, I know you know you can tell me anything. It's never stopped you before." I whisper. "Just go away!" He hollered. My eyes widen and I just sit there. "No." I argue calmly.

"GET."

"No."

"GET AWAY!"

"Nope. Can't make me."

   He started to get out, but I grabbed his waist, pulling him into my lap. After a few minutes of struggling, he settled down. Morty's soft pants are the only noise that is audiable.  "You should know by now, I'm not leaving you." I grumble. "Sometimes, I wish you would." He mumbles, slumping into my lap. "Maybe you should take a moment and remind yourself that it won't happen." I whisper. "I want you to leave me alone."

   "Too bad." I chuckle. "You don't smell like alcohol..." He changed the subject quickly. "Oh, is that bad?" I mock, sarcastically. "No! Jeez! I'm actually suprised, Rick." Morty blurts quickly. "Don't get use to it." I grin. "Okay, okay." He tries to get up but I keep him down. "R-Rick, could ya' let me go?"
"Hmmm, no." He struggles. "Rick! Let m-m-me go!" I hold him closer.

    "Wanna go for a ride?" I ask, smiling at him. His eyes widen and his cheeks turn red. "Oh jeez, Rick!!!" He pushes at my face. "I MEANT IN THE FUCKING--" He placed his hand over my mouth. "Shush, I know."