The Question

*You are yourself*

You watch as Eridan pulls out a candle and lights it, setting it in the center of the table. He then sets out plates and utensils.

Finally, he brings out the food, a light snack of fruits and cookies. You grin, "This looks amazing, did you prepare it yourself?"

He nods, "I'm glad you like it," he replies. You take a strawberry and eat it but Eridan doesn't move.

You smile at him, trying to put him at ease, "Well? This snack isn't going to eat itself." You prompt.

He smiles back "Yeah, you're right." He takes a cookie and bites into it.

After a while, you notice he's staring at you. "What is it?" You ask.

He blinks, surprised, "Oh, nothin', sorry, spaced out." He was definitely blushing now.

"So, what was it you wanted to tell me?" You ask again, this was it, you could feel it.

Eridan swallows, nervously. "Wwell." He begins, "Wwe'vve been friends for a wwhile noww. You'vve put up wwith me lookin' dowwn on lowwbloods and humans, complanin' about evveryfin and so much more."

He pauses and you nod, urging him to keep talking.

"Recently," he says at last, "I'vve come to realize somefin, I'm in lovve wwith you so I wwant to ask you, [y/n], wwill you be my matesprite?"

You stare at him in shock, he actually said it! You were right, he actually asked you to be his matesprite. Unfortunately, he mistook your scilence.

"Before you say anyfin," he sighs, "I completely understand if you don't wwant to be my matesprite. After all, I havven't alwways been the friendliest towwards you and you turned dowwn Sol and I knoww howw close you twwo wwere and-"

You put a finger to his lips and cut him off before he started rambling. "Eridan, stop talking real quick." You tell him.

He sits back in his chair and nods, staring at you. You take a deep breath and smile, "Yes Eridan, I will be your matesprite."

Now it was his turn to be surprised, he blinks, staring at you. "R-really? You wwant to be my matesprite too?"

You nod, "Yes Eridan, in fact, I've liked you for a while now, I jut didnt think you would like a human."

He stands up and pulls you out of your chair, a grin on his face. "[Y/n]," he says, "You havve no idea how happy I am right noww."

"Oh I think I do," you say and pull him into a kiss, everything else fading away as you enjoy this moment.

When you finally pull away, Eridan is positively glowing, with happiness and you're sure you look the same. "I lovve you [y/n]" he says breathlessly.

"I love you too Eridan" you say. He pulls you into a kiss once more before motioning for you to take a seat. The two of you finish the food and Eridan blows out the candle.

You exit the Ave and he puts his arm around you, pulling you towards him. "Can I wwalk you home, matesprite?" He asks.

"That, would be wonderful," you reply, resting your head on his shoulder and kissing him on the cheek.

Together, you make your way back to your house, talking and laughing the whole way the there.

Once you arrive at your door, he takes your hand and kisses it, "I wwill leavve you noww princess. I look forwward to seein' you at school tomorroww."

You blush at the nickname "Thanks for walking me home Eridan, I can't wait to see you too."

He smiles and gives you a kiss. "Goodnight [y/n]," he says, starting to walk away.

"Goodnight Eri!" You call and go inside, closing the door behind you.

As soon as you lock the door you let out a cheer and collapse onto your couch.

Thoughts race through your head but one stands out amongst all the others. I can't believe that happened.

You were estatic and you couldn't wait to see people's reactions tomorrow.

*Be Eridan for a little bit*

You walk home by yourself, a huge smile on your face. You shiver as you realize you forgot to take your cape back but for once, you don't care.

"I did it," you whisper to yourself. "I did it!" You laugh happily and cheer, wanting the whole world to know your happiness.

"And she said yes," you murmur, as your voice fades away in the night.