Matesprites?

THREE WEEKS LATER!

*Bzzt* Your phone buzzed and you check it to see that you had received a text from Sollux. "2up [y/n]! Meet me at the cafeteria at lunch! I want two tell you 2om2ing!"

"Sure" you type back and head off to class curious as to what he was going to tell you. Soon it was lunch and you found him waiting for you outside the cafeteria doors. "Hi Sollux! What was it that you wanted to tell me?"

"Follow me," he said grabbing your hand and pulling you off to the side. He cleared his throat and stared at you, "[y/n], when we fiir2t came two earth, you were one of the few human2 that accepted u2 right away. You were my friiend and I really liike you even iif you do hang out with Eriidan 2o I wa2 wonderiing, would you be my Mate2priite?"

You gasp wondering if it was a joke but then again, you didn't think you'd ever seen Sollux this serious. You looked away, "Sorry Sollux, I just don't want to be anything more than friends."

Sollux's hopeful smile was quickly replaced with a frown. "Iit'2 ok [y/n]. 2ee you around." He walked away into the crowd leaving you alone and worried. You still wanted to be friends and hoped this hadn't ruined your friendship.

For the next four days, he avoided you completely, not even talking to you and when he did it was only ever to ask about school work. You hated having to lose him as a friend and everyone could tell that something was wrong, especially Eridan.

You were at his house that weekend and you two had planned to go down to the beach and set free and injured sea turtle together. You usually loved being with the sea creatures he rescued but today, everything you did was half-hearted and sloppy.

"Are you all right [y/n]?" Eridan asked after you'd almost knocked over the tank the turtle was in for the third time.

"I'm fine." You didn't want to tell Eridan what had happened because you didn't want to give him another reason to tease Sollux.

"You don't seem fine," Eridan insisted. "You don't havve to give any details, just tell me if there's anyfin I can do to help."

You shook your head, "it's fine, quadrant problems but, it'll blow over."

Eridan didn't reply for a little while, then sighed, "Alright then, it's getting late so you should probably get home, feel better."

With that, he left, leaving you alone on the beach with nothing but your thoughts, buzzing around your head like the bees that Sollux loved so much. You really missed him.