New hopes

*And you're you again!*

You were glad you'd told Eridan what was going on. It was nice to be able to talk to someone.

As you headed to class you thought about Eridan and the way he was acting.

He seemed unusually happy that you had rejected Sollux. You assumed that was simply because he didn't like Sollux.

You continued thinking about what had happened when you ran into none other than Sollux himself.

"Hi [y/n]," he said awkwardly.

"Hey Sol," you reply, unsure as to why he was talking to you.

"2o, Ii ran iinto Fii2hdiick."

Otherwise known as Eridan, you really hoped Eridan hadn't forgotten his promise already. "Yes?" You prompt nervously.

"He told me that you mii22ed me?" He asked with a slight smirk.

You let out a breath you weren't aware you were holding, "Yes, I did, do you forgive me?"

He pulls you into a hug, "Ii mii22ed you two [y/n]. 2orry for being an iidiiot about thii2."

You smile, "Glad were friends again, now I have to get to class but I'll see you later."

He smiles back, "Ya, talk to you later."

You walked the rest if the way to class smiling, you made a mental note to thank Eridan later for that one. It meant a lot to you knowing how much Eridan hated Sollux.

Time skip because you were so happy it was as if time was on fast forward.

After school you found Eridan at his locker. "Thanks for talking to Sollux." You tell him, walking up behind him.

He turns around and smiles you at you, "No problem, anyfin for my favvorite human."

You blush, "Well I'm supposed to go meet him outside so I'll see you tomorrow I guess."

Eridan nods, "Yup, havve a great day [y/n]."

Even more time skips

It had been nearly a month now since you and Sollux made up and Eridan was constantly on your mind.

It was official, you were head over heels for the sea dweller. Sadly he didn't return your affections, or so it seemed until one fateful run in, with Cronus.

It was the end of the school day and you were about to head home when you found someone tap your shoulder.

You turn around, expecting either Eridan or Sollux and instead found yourself facing Cronus, Eridan's brother.

"Hi Cronus," you say, a little disappointed that it wasn't the younger of the Ampora brothers.

"Hey kitten, howv's it goin'?"

"Umm, great. Did Eridan have a message for me or?"

Cronus smirked, "Oh he has a message for you alright, he just didn't exactly ask me to say it."

You stated at him,confused by his words, "I don't understand."

Cronus' smile got even bigger, you were kind of worried his cigarette was going to fall. He always kept one in his mouth though he never actually lit it.

"Wvell, I am pretty sure that Fish boy is plannin' on asking you to be his matesprite."

You felt your face turn red, "Are you sure?"

Cronus shrugs, "It's vwery likely."

"How do you know?"

He smirks, "Lovwer boy talks in his sleep." He laughs and turns away, "See you around [y/n]" he calls over is shoulder and leaves.