But of course it's not, and after a few quick turns, I'm here. I grab some money out of my mom's wallet and then head inside. Even for a grocery store, it's not the biggest. In my old city, we had a Freshco, two Walmarts, a Metro, a Target, a Frills. And in the small place of Woodstown, there's only one, small grocery store. I'm not really complaining though.

Sobey's is surprisingly busy today as I head inside. Probably a lot of parents buying their dinners last minute. I walk towards the meat area and pick up two packages of chicken breasts since there was only two in each.

I look around and furrow my eyebrows. Where the hell do people put frozen peas?

"Do you need help with anything?" A voice says behind me, I'm surprised to see that it's Mia when I turn around.

"Mia?" I asked surprised.

"The one and only," She laughs, taking a bow.

"Since when do you work here?" I say, tilting my head to the side.

"Oh, I don't know. About two years." She answers, looking up as if she's mentally counting.

"Never seen you here before," I comment.

"I've never seen you here either." She laughs and I smirk.

"Okay, that's different." I tell her.

"Is it?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Anyways, I need some green peas. Frozen ones." I say.

"Right this way, sir." She says sarcastically and I laugh while following her.

We pass down many aisles of cereal and salad dressings before making it to the other side of the store, where above it said in big, block letters "Frozen Foods."

"Oh, I should've guessed." I say dumbly as I stare at the sign.

"Honest mistake," She laughs and I roll my eyes.

I open one of the freezer doors to be blasted with cold air, I shiver but courageously stick my hand in and blindly reach around for a random bag of peas.

"Wow, what an expert you are." Mia says.

"Oh shut up,"

I manage to grab a bag, it's pretty big but oh well.

Mia leads me to the cashier, as if I didn't know where it was. I thanked her as I stood in line and she waved before walking away.

******

"Bell, honey can you wash the dishes?" My mother asks and she starts clearing off the table after dinner.

"Yeah of course," I say and she smiles.

I start scrubbing the dishes with a sponge and swallow so I don't gag. I hate washing dishes, it's disgusting. This house, for whatever reason, does not have a dish washer. I think it's time we'd invest in one.

"So, how was your first day of school?" My dad asks as he's clearing off his plates.

"It was okay. School's school."

"Make any friends?" He grabs a towel and starts drying off some of the plates I just washed.

"Yeah, this girl named Mia." I tell him.

"You interested in her?" He asks and I snort.

"Father, I am a flaming homosexual." I eye him and he laughs.

"Hey buddy, it was just a question."

"Yeah, and I doubt I'll find a significant other anytime soon." I tell him.

Dead Boys (boyxboy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें