Chapter 30: Back To Her Senses But It Was Too Late

Chapter inspired by the song Re:Re by Asian Kung Fu Generations & Let Me Hear by The Maxim

Also, ignore the pic above that says "31" instead of "30."

~ ~ ~ ~ = = = = ~ ~ ~ ~

Whispers as they called onto me, keep on saying that one word that everybody's avoiding to do.

That one word that could change anyone's life forever.

An image appeared, what could it be?

Blood.

What?

Screams.

No..

Death..

Stop it..

Kill.

It was never on my head to do what was being asked. The moment I blinked, infront of me was blood that was dripping and fresh. A stain of blood..

The smell of it grossed me, but it didn't last long when a hand appeared. Then that's when I noticed my tentacles were connected to the blood. It stabbed something..

“A-Araki..”

.. or someone.

My gaze went up for I was in a squat position, for a moment there I thought I was asleep, but when I 'woke up' this was the sight that I first saw.

Another drop of blood fell and on my cheek.

Th-that's you.. right??”

“R-Riko..”

Riko was.. Riko is..

“W-Welcome back, A-Araki..”

He smiles as he pat my head. Riko's.. Watery substances began to form within my eyes as it felt like it was burning. A visible blood stain on the side of his mouth must've been wiped off. But why?

His face was messed up, and so was I.

My body jolted away, the tentacles that stabbed Riko have blood stains on it. When I did, his body fell and a soft thud was made. I try to sink in the scene.

I killed someone.. I killed my friend..

Hajime then approached Riko's fallen body as he shooks him. My knees felt numb, then my tentacles went back to being a hair and blood was on it.
“Riko? R-Riko? Hey stop that. It's not funny, Riko.. Hey! HEY!”

Hajime keeps on shaking Riko's shoulders but no sign of response. But that could only mean one thing..
Then as Hajime keeps on doing that, he begins to cry. “Riko! This isn't funny, Riko! Get your ass up and say something stupid! Riko!” his last attempt was hitting Riko's chest not so hard. It became weak as time pass by. “No..”

That's when I realized.. “I killed Riko..”

All eyes were on me.