Chapter 24: The Ambush

Karma. . . is insane.

No, wait. - He's mad. He is COMPLETELY out of his mind. That's what Araki keep on thinking.

Why would he say that? We don't know yet. But what's his deal and that he would say that? Surely it wasn't to make Arisu have a chance with Araki.

Something else is up.

And we are going to find out what it is.

~ ~ ~ ~ = = = = ~ ~ ~ ~

Araki's pov

Say what, Sherlock? I have been in hell ever since Karma told Arisu that I'm single which is not. Now that she invited us to where she mostly spend time here whenever they visit this place, Karma and I agreed to inspect every corner if we could find traces of the drugs put on to me.

" Why didn't you told me that sooner? You know we could have left this place as soon as possible when you told us that. "

' I told him about the reason why we're here, he wasn't against it thankfully but he will punish me if I won't tell him next time. Scary. '

So as planned, I will distract Arisu while Karma the baka will go and inspect without any harm. We did contact the others about it and is in action as we speak.

We are walking in an empty hallway, walls that are filled with expensive paintings like Mona Liza and whatsoever they think is 'creative'.

I felt a tug on my rolled-up sleeve from behind. "Johannes-san, is there a restroom here?"

"Hm? Yes. Once we turn left, up ahead. Are you going, too, Araki-kun?"

"Y-Yeah, I guess I could take a leak."

( At the restroom )

"Are. You. Serious?! How am I going to handle things out when you said I'm officially single with an imaginary girlfriend and that I would never leave the woman of my dreams that is only a lie?! Huh?!" I grab Karma's shoulder tightly as we make eye contact.

It's been five minutes when we gpt inside the restroom, and I keep on insisting Karma to speak up. But something's wrong and the reason why he's avoiding the question. He'd make an excuse and change the topic but I won't let him get away with it.

"Araki, this is serious, too. If we can't have Arisu on our side, then how are we going to find Shiro and the drug?" There he goes again.

"Ugh! Why are you making things complicated?!"

"Oh? So it's my fault? I'm making things easy for us, just so we could finally get out of here. But you keep on adding the problems because of that stupid excuse!"

My blood begins to boil. I don't care if our voices are in high pitch and could be heard outside, but I just can't take it.

"Are you blaming it on me? Tell me, Karma." As serious as I can say that, he seems to be serious too.
"Way serious than Karasuma." he replied.

Insert the most quiet atmosphere. How my grip on his collar slowly let go.

"That's it. We're through."