"We have to get going," Haiden said, serious. "We have to get out of this place before they find us."

    "I agree," Saniya said. "Look, most of the demon hunters from the past aren't in this town anymore. Let's move to the next town and find them."

    "Yes," Haiden agreed. "Okay, go inside and grab your belongings. We're going to leave as soon as we can."

    The gang ran into the house to grab their belongings, leaving Haiden and I alone outside. My heart felt heavy all of the sudden as I realized they were leaving. The Demons were leaving my town for good, which meant I would never see Haiden again. I couldn't believe it and I found myself growing heartbroken.

    "Thank you for telling me this," Haiden said. "I know it must've been hard since your family is a part of the demon hunters."

    "You're leaving?" I asked quietly. "For good?"

    Haiden's eyes grew sad at my words. He stared at me, his eyes gentle, and I stared back. With my eyes, I began to plead for him to somehow stay close to me. I wanted him in my life and if he left my town, I knew it would be impossible to see him like I could now.

    "Yes, we have to Luna. This town... It hates us. We need a fresh start," Haiden said. "But come with me. Be a part of my fresh start."

    My eyes widened at his words. I couldn't believe what he was asking and staring at him, I didn't know what to say.

    "Please Luna, I... I want you at my side. I want to be with you," Haiden said, leaving me shocked. "If you come with us we can stay together. We can be like how we used to be and I would love to have you at my side. So please Luna, be with me for the rest of our lives."

    All I had ever wanted was to be at his side. I had always thought that want was one sided, but clearly it wasn't as Haiden pleaded with me to stay at his side. My heart felt light and I felt happier than I had ever felt in years. Because of that, I felt torn.

    For eighteen years I had lived in my town. It had so many memories, so many people I knew, and it was overall familiar to me. My family lived there and I loved them, too. But, Haiden had always been the best thing about my town. He was the one who always made me happy, even at the darkest of times. So because of that, I found myself not knowing what to do.

    "I'm sorry," Haiden said, chuckling lightly. "That's such a huge thing to ask of you. Pretend I never said anything."

    Haiden turned around and began to walk off, leaving me panicking. He was going to leave me forever. I was never going to see him again and at that, I knew the emptiness I would feel when he was gone would be unbearable. It was hard to live without him for five years, so I couldn't imagine eternity.

    So with an answer to his question, I ran to him. I grabbed his hand, stopping him in his place, and I found myself tearing up. Love was a strong feeling. It was a feeling that left you doing questionable things, but at the end of the day love was an emotion that left you feeling fulfilled. So even if I was about to give up everything, I knew that I would never feel empty at Haiden's side.

    "I'm coming with you," I said, tightening my grip on Haiden's hand. "Wherever you go, I'll go. I want to be at your side for the rest of my life."

    Haiden whirled around, tightening his grip on my hand. His eyes were soft and he began to lean forward, catching me off guard. Although I always craved to kiss him, I had to stop him as I looked at the house and remembered Lydia. Even though she had never been kind to me, I couldn't be cruel to her and kiss her boyfriend again. I didn't have the heart to do that.

    "Wait," I said, making Haiden freeze. "...Lydia."

    "Out of the picture," Haiden mumbled, beginning to lean forward again.

    My heart skipped a beat as I realized Haiden must've broken up with her for me. I couldn't believe it and truly, I was at my happiest as I realized Haiden finally thought of me as the most important person in his life. Just like I did, he thought I was the person who meant the most to him in this world.

    So, I began to lean forward as well. My eyes closed as we neared each other and I found myself satisfied as I realized that for the rest of my life, this would be us.

    But before we could even kiss, I heard Saniya scream, "The demon hunters are here!"

    Haiden and I flew away from each other. We whirled around to see what Saniya was talking about and my eyes flew wide with horror. Meters away was about a hundred demon hunters marching towards us. They all looked ready to battle with their weapons and my heart dropped as I realized Peter had lied to me again. The war wasn't happening in three days, it was happening today.