It makes Steve frown because was Tony in this ward because of whatever that blue glow in his chest is? He wonders how that happened, and what the blue orb is exactly - because Steve might go to a public school but he's sure that it's not just a random ass magical blue orb in Tony's chest - and how it functions in Tony's every day life.

Spotting the familiar soft dark hair, Steve has to bite back a smile of success as he raps his knuckles against the wood of the hospital, peering through the mesh like window as Tony looks up in confusion from whatever the hell he is obviously fiddling with. Steve wants to let out a coo, Tony's hair is sticking out in odd angles and his coffee brown eyes are wide in confusion as he looks at the door, nose scrunched up whenever he notices it's Steve.

"Come in,"He calls, giving Steve a motion to come in before going back to what he's fiddling in. Steve opens the door with a smile, shutting the door with the heel of his foot as he looks over at Tony. The teenager is sitting crosslegged on his hospital bed, a  - universal - screwdriver in his hand and tongue darted between his lips as he fiddles with what Steve can identify as Tony's heart monitor.

"What the fuck are you doing?"Steve asks in panic, his eyes widening as he watches Tony pull at wires and fiddle with screwdrivers. The heart monitor is there for a reason, still connected to Tony but deemed useless now as it lays on the bed in front of Tony, dismantled into pieces. He's taking off his hat and scarf, shaking it from snow.

"Fiddling,"Tony replies, licking his lips as he works."It kept making this annoying beeping sound which was driving me up the fucking walls."Tony mutters, wiping the back of his left hand over his eyes to wipe away some tiredness that was making his eyes droop, but he wasn't going to give in to sleep.

Unlucky enough, he didn't sleep as long as he hoped he would last night, waking up sometime between 1 in the morning and 2 and started to fiddle with every bit of equipment in his hospital room, including touching up the television so that it broadcasted British television and to the heart monitor so that it would just shut the fuck up.

"It's supposed to make that sound, Y'know."Steve can't help but to laugh, the concern still relevant in his voice but laced with a sort of fondness that seems to wipe right over Tony's head. The teenager blindly reaches out for this glasses that rest on the hospital side table. Steve rushes to grab them to aid Tony, handing them to the teenager who thanks him silently with a nod."The beeping is to tell people that your heart is still beating and that you're alive."

"Yes I know that, Captain Obvious."Tony rolls his eyes the minute that his glasses are perched on his nose."But I'm telling you that it was annoying as fucking hell, especially when it's the only thing you hear for 8 days straight, 24 hours a day. So I'm changing it."

"Changing it? To what?"Steve asks curiously because he had no idea you were able to change the sound that came off of a heart monitor, actually, he's pretty sure you're unable to change the sound.

"I don't know yet."Tony mumbles, scrunching up his eyebrows as he focuses on all of the bits and bobs in front of him. Sarah will have a heart attack if she sees that Tony has dismantled the one thing that is telling them Tony's heart beat is regular and not missing any beats, but Tony is making sure that he does this as quick as possible so that Sarah doesn't find out, well she will eventually but not right now.

"This is damaging hospital property-"

"What is your purpose being here?"Tony finally looks up, with a raised eyebrow and his lips pursed into a straight line."Is your sole purpose in life to tell me that I can't do this or that I can't do that? Because honestly, honey, If you're supposed to be some goddamn guardian Angel you're doing a hell of a shit job."