Part 1

"Liam?" Gen rolled over and poked the man sleeping next to her. "Liam?" He moaned and rolled over. "The baby is crying." Liam rubbed his eyes and dragged himself out of bed. He stepped over to a bassinet and reached down, picking up his crying son. The changing table was steps away and he stumbled over, unzipped the pajamas the baby had on. Like a machine, he pulled off the old diaper, put on the new diaper and walked back to the bed. Gen reached our her arms, taking the baby and holding him to her exposed breast. Liam climbed back into the bed, wrapping himself around her as she lay on her side, nursing the four month old baby. Gen ran her finger down the cheek of the baby, sighing with happiness. From the floor, there came a soft bark. "He's okay, Carl. He's just hungry." she whispered down to the Alaskan Husky sleeping on the floor next to her.

Gen rolled to her other side, moving the baby to her other breast. She was now face to face with Liam, the baby laying between them. She looked over at him and her heart filled with love. Seven months ago, she was sure she had lost him to his former girlfriend, Sophia. Gen had come to Alaska as a punishment. Her mother had sent her to live with her dad, hoping some real life experience would straighten her out. She had been a brat. A complete, total, high maintenance, pain in the ass. Meeting Liam and taking care of a runt puppy had changed her, showed her that life was about more than nail polish and Starbucks. She had fallen head over heals in love with him, but had to leave to finish college. She hadn't wanted to go, but Liam didn't want to hold her back, force her to move thousands of miles away just for him. He wanted to make sure that she really wanted to live in Alaska, that she really could deal with the weather and isolation.

What Liam didn't know was that she was pregnant. She hadn't known until just days before she left. She had flown home, dropped all of her classes, gave up her dorm room and went to see a doctor. Her mother had gone with her and made her call Liam, telling him what was going on, that they were going to be parents. When she had made that call, Sophia answered Liam's phone and had convinced Gen that Liam didn't really want her to come back to Alaska. She told Gen that Liam had gotten rid of her dog. The thing she loved more than life. Gen had believed her. I wasn't until months later that the truth had come out. Sophia had lied. She had gone to Liam to take back her dog, Lucy, that Liam had been taking care of for years. She was hoping to convince Liam to date her again and forget about Gen, but it hadn't worked.

Together, Gen and Liam had brought the baby into the world and into their home. They had named him Parker. Parker James Payne. He was a perfect, beautiful baby and they were happy. Ridiculously happy.

Parker finished nursing and Gen sat up, patting his tiny back, waiting for a burp. She got a tiny burp and the baby buried his face into neck, snuggling into her and falling back asleep. She laid him back on the bed, between Liam and herself, resting her hand on his stomach before falling back asleep.

Gen was awoken by the baby squirming around, trying to roll over. It was his new trick and he was very proud of himself, laughing and cooing when he made it over. Carl had crawled into the bed, his nose by Parker's tiny feet, watching him try to roll. He made it over, giggling and reaching for his father's chest. Carl made a happy 'yip' noise, cheering for the baby. Parker raised his head and wiggled his legs, trying to get close enough to pull Liam's chest hair. He got his little fingers into the curling brown hairs and pulled. Liam jerked and opened his eyes. "Good Morning, Parker." he said, lifting Parker and raising him in the air, making him squeal. He brought Parker down to his nose, giving him kisses before raising him back up, getting another squeal. Carl moved forward, Gen scratching behind his ears. "Look at this." Liam said. "One big happy family in this bed, two of whom don't belong."

"You are very possessive of this bed." Gen said. "Why is that?"

Liam sat Parker on his chest and looked at her. "Because this is the only place where I get to be alone with you. I miss you."