Tears and Papers.

I sit on the picnic mat and put my hat on my head. It is a cream colored sun hat with pink roses on the side. I was wearing a blue beach top and white jean shorts. I watch Max and Theo surf while Candice and Cally, big as they are, make sand castles. I brush some hair out of my face as the winds get stronger.

"Okay everybody, time for lunch." mum calls, taking out all the mouth-watering delights from the picnic basket. "Awww come on mom. Just one more ride." I hear Max whine. I roll my eyes and help mum with the food. The guys come out of the water, soaking wet. I steal a glance at Theo's abs, then force myself to look away.

"Someone pass me the sauce. This is so good." I say as I take the sauce container from Candice. I've been getting weird stares from her, I don't blame her, you wouldn't want some random girl your boyfriend knew staring at his abs. It isn't normal. I give her a small reassuring smile before adding some more sauce to my fries.  My phone vibrates with a message just as I was about to put a sauce covered fry in my mouth. I put it in my mouth and check who the message is from.

Unknown number.
I'm free on Friday evening. Just asking if you could join me and Tiane for a movie.

As much as I'd love to abandon Caprian on Friday which would mean I have no feelings and therefore make me his equal, I can't. Plus a movie with Tiane doesn't sound so good. The thought makes me want to throw up.

Sorry girl, can't make it. Adios.

I text back. Soon, we're all done with our meals and clearing up. I sit on the picnic mat and watch as Theo and Max try to teach Candice and Cally to surf. Mum sits beside me on the mat and sighs. "I'm sorry dear, I wasn't thinking." she apologises. I nod, knowing she's apologising  for, you know. "it's okay mum. If he's happy, I'm happy." I day and feel something wet roll down my cheek. "Shh, it's gonna be alright. Just give me a minute." She say and heads down the beach, probably to answer all her missed calls.

"Hey look what the tide brought in!" Theo says, bringing Caprian over to me. Wait Caprian? I mentally groan. This day is supposed to be fun not torture. Theo stands above me and I can't really make out the colours of his outfit under my sunglasses. I take them off to have a better look. He is wearing a tight blue button shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and white knee length jean shorts. I shake my head at him, making sure I'm not going loco. Theo is too hot then Lunatic here, walks in looking like the damn king of hot guys. This is too much for me.

And yeah, close you mouth I just admitted Caprian is hot.

"What do you want?" I ask. He simply smirks at me. "Andrew sent a pic of you guys having a wonderful picnic. Just thought it wouldn't be so bad if I showed up." he says. "Where did Andrew get the picture?" I ask. "Your mom's famous right?" he asks and my stomach does a somersault. "Unfortunately yes. Especially in this state." I say. "The press is everywhere." he says and I nod. "Can you show it to me?" I ask. "You're actually asking me a favor?" he asks. I roll my eyes and say, "Even if I would, it'll be in a year or two, when you're dead." I say. "She hasn't really changed. The sarcasm is still there." I hear Theo say, shaking his head at me. Being the mature person I am, I stick my tongue out.

I told  you, I've been called worse.

Candice chuckles from behind him, wiping herself dry with a towel. "Hey check this out." Theo says, showing us a picture on his phone.

A picture of us probably taken minutes ago. We're happy and eating, passing food and smiling. But the headline ruins it. It's always the headlines. It says:

Graceful day for the well known Bonaventure family. Everyone is happy but the quest is...where is the man of the family? Is this family going to suffer a broken home?

Everyone is quiet after reading this. I hate the press. I hate being the subject for nationwide gossip again. I choke back a sob as I stare at the screen. "Chloe it's okay I..." I give him a small smile before wiping my eyes and cheeks.

"It's the press talking. What are gonna do about it?" I ask. "Oh well, at least she forgot something, that's good." I nod at Max but then realize he's not talking about the news.

"Max!" I shout after him as he runs down the beach. "Hand me my fifty!"