Guitars, Brothers and old Friends.

For some reason mom has asked me to fix myself, because we are going out. Because of that, I stopped doing my project just to hurry up and get ready. I am currently wearing  a white flowered blouse with dark blue jeans and my favorite boots. You know them already. I put on my headphones, listening to the music I managed to download. I take out my sketch pad and a pencil.

I love to design buildings and draw them. Unlike my mom who has a talent for designing clothes. Letting my imagination run wild, I begin to make rough sketches on the paper.

My phone begins to vibrate. You'd think after having new friends I'll be used to the constant ringing of the phone. My life in California just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

I answer the call and immediately recognize the voice on the other side.

"Max."

"Hello. How is my little student doing?"

"I'm not your student." I roll my eyes.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes at me. Besides, you'll be stuck with me for the weekend." he says.

My heart is doing a million somersaults in my chest. I miss my brother so much even though he'll kill me for not calling or texting him.

"Can't  wait. This place is as.boring as one of dad's songs." I say and hear him snickering.

"When will you be here?" I ask.

"We are at the airport already. We're just waiting for you and mom." He says.

"We'll be there." I say and hang up. I throw my headphones on the bed and put my phone in my back pocket, racing down the stairs to find mom, who was getting ready to come to my room.

All this while we're waiting at the airport for him. It seems like forever. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I take it out, thinking it's Max but no, it's that demented lunatic.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"I was scrolling through my contact list and found your number?" he says.

I hold back an eye roll.
" So?"

"Before I lose my dignity, are you free on Friday evening?" he asks. The question throws
me off guard. I wasn't expecting Caprian to have any human feelings. I think about it. Max says they're staying for the weekend and Friday night I'll be doing nothing so sure, why not.

"Okay. I am." I say.

"Let's call it a truce between us okay?"

Okay so this is weird. Yesterday we were fighting like Greeks and Romans. Today it's like we're very good friends.

"Okay. But that doesn't mean we're friends. Your breath still smells like cinnamon toast that has been in a boy's locker year round." I say. He chuckles and hangs up, leaving me thinking;

What happened?

After eons of waiting, I see him coming towards us. Or more specifically, them. Max is walking hand in hand with Cally. Theo follows, and the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. But then, my heart feels like it weighs at tonne because walking arm in arm with him, is one of my greatest fears, his girlfriend.

They finally spot us and walk over, Max grinning like a mad man. "hi mum." he says and hugs her, then hugs me too. Cally does the same. Theo and his girlfriend just smile at us. I was expecting a huge bear hug from him but a hug would be awkward. a smile was the best for now. "So I want you to tell me everything that has happened here" Max says, putting an arm over me and one over his girlfriend. I smile at her.

I first thought Cally was a gold-digging bitch when I first met her but I was wrong. She really does love my brother, and I'm happy for them.

Mum is leading the way to the car. We weren't expecting Theo and his...company so we brought a smaller car. We'll just have to adjust.

The ride back home is tense. Tense because Max didn't tell us Theo and his orange haired company we're coming with them. Everyone is expecting the biggest lecture of our life. She hasn't said anything yet, just driving and listening to Max rant about how he's working for dad now.

He's so lucky. He has the perfect job, perfect girlfriend and perfect family, while I have a broken heart and an overbearing acquaintance.

Cheers to that.

After a rather long ride, we arrive. Mum opens the door and I can see Theo's jaw drop. Mum insisted on redecorating the place last week. Now it just looks pricey.

"You have good taste aunt." Cally says. Mum beams. "Why thank you. I want you to see the kitchen. It's..." I turn my attention to Theo and his company, trying hard to give them a smile. "Make yourselves at home."

I make my way upstairs to change into something more comfortable. I hear a knock on the door while trying to finish the project I was working on earlier. "Come in." I say. Cally enters, giving me a sad smile.

"Hey," She says. "Want to talk about it?"

I nod and burst into tears. This is way more complicated than I thought. I have to sue producers of chickflits, they make it seem easier than you'd think.

She hugs me and strokes my hair, telling me everything will be alright.

"No it won't. He has a girlfriend now. That kiss was just a 'caught in the moment' thing. He only sees me as a friend." I finish my mourning. It's a miracle Cally is still here. Girl's got a lot of patience. I respect that.

She sees the cream colored guitar Theo got me in the corner and she lights up. "Do you still play?" She asks. I try for a smile. "Yeah. But not as often as I used to. Max isn't around to help." I say. She chuckles. "Let's go downstairs. The others will be waiting." I smile and follow her.

What's the use of liking someone who thinks of you as a friend?

Or missing him when he probably forgot about you?

We hope for a lot of things to happen only to be jerked back to reality to find out everything is your fantasy.

Your Cinderella story you hope to come true.