Chapter Three: Mixing two lives.

Start from the beginning

***

"Hopefully that-" Max said punching some guy in the mouth, "will teach you a lesson." He straightened up as the guy fell to the ground. "I don't want my name coming out of your mouth. Ya hear me?"

"Relax, buddy." I said patting his back. "What even happened?" I asked. Max always got into fights and I always backed him up. He looked even more angry than usual.

"These punks tried stealing from me a couple of days ago."

"Oh!" I said in realization, "these are the ones that nearly stole your wallet? Impressive."

Max looked over at me and glared, "You should not be impressed. You should beat their face.

I laughed and threw my arm over Max's shoulder. My whole weight was practically on him. "Calm your tits, man. I did help you." I pointed out. There was a total of seven guys that we took out. "I even had one more than you."

Sera was leaning against the wall. She was texting on her phone. "You guys are idiots. A wallet is hardly anything to beat up seven guys over."

"I had important stuff in there!" Max cried as he puffed out his cheeks.

We walked out the alley leaving the seven guys groaning in pain. "Like what?" I asked shaking my head.

"Condoms." He said pulling his wallet out and showed me. "I ain't got the money to be buying them constantly, ya know?"

"You could have told me. I would have lent you the money" I told Max as he put his wallet back into his pocket.

"Hell no. Being indebted to you is never a good idea, Mr. Boss-man." He cracked with a smile covering half his face.

He was teasing me like he usually did. "Yeah, yeah."

"Guys are completely stupid. Over condoms?" Sera scoffed as we walked down the sidewalk. A lot of teenagers were walking to school. They looked cautiously at us and stayed out of our way. Sera was still revealing a bit of skin with her torn, skin tight pants. She wore a jacket that hugged her perfectly. "You're too young to be doing any of that, max."

Max looked like a bad guy out of a book. The left side of his head was shaved revealing the earrings lining the edge of his ear. He wore a black sweater that was obviously too big along with baggy pants. Unlike me, his hair was naturally blonde.

On the other hand. My hair wasn't smoothed back today. I just let it do it's own thing. I was wearing a simple black jacket, jeans, and shoes. I didn't want to stand out too much but with people like Max and Sera by my side, it was inevitable.

"Don't lecture me. I'm just having a bit of fun with some guys." He said pushing my arm off of his shoulders.

I shook my head and pointed at Sera. "She has a point this time. You always get involved with some idiots. Last time you had bruises-"

"They weren't from sex." He said forcefully, "I had a fight before I got home. I thought I told you?"

"You did but I didn't exactly believe it." I answered back.

Max was that kind of kid. He liked to believe that he had life all figured out. He would spend his nights out selling himself, but not for cheap. If father found out, He would be furious. The second in command is supposed to hold himself with dignity. He saved his money and didn't touch a single cent but he never explained the reasoning behind it.

"That's a you problem."

"Max- ah!" I said stopping everyone in their tracks. Something interesting caught my gaze.

"What is it?" Sera asked in high alert. She was ready to take out her hidden guns if need be.

"I found little Mikhail."

"Who?" Max asked curiously.

I pointed to Mikhail who was next to two people. A boy and a girl. They looked like they were all laughing about something, except Mikhail. He looked too serious for his own good. Made me wonder if he ever smiled. "Him."

"He peaked your interest?"

"Apparently so." Sera responded for me. "Nico, you're seriously not going to get involved with him, are you?"

"You're too serious in life, Sera. Relax. Breathe in the air and go with the motions." I said patting her back.

Sera shook her head, "The reason you two are alive is all thanks to my smart thinking and quick reflects."

"Shh," I shushed her quietly, "let's play a little." I said walking towards Mikhail.

Max reluctantly followed and Sera did as well. Max looked a bit on edge, more so than usual. Sera kept complaining about leaving my work and personal life separate. I ignored her as best as I could.

Mikhail's eyes met mine and at that moment I really felt like it was just us two. He still kept a blank expression as he stopped walking. His friends beside him asked what was wrong and when they saw us, they looked frightened.

"Mikhail." I spoke gently, "We meet again."