Warning the others.

Hiccup Y/N and Astrid flew to Berk with Hydra not far behind. When they landed Stoick cheered and laughed.

"The pride of Berk has returned!"

Hiccup shrugged all of the attention away. While Y/N waved at everyone.

"Who finally decided to go to work today...yay"

"Sorry got held up. But hey look who I found."

Hiccup gestured to Y/N.

"Need help gobber?"

"Actually yes." Gobber and Y/N walk to another section of the smith.

"Uh dad can I talk to you?"

"Something you're itching to tell me?" Stoick asked his son grabbing a piece of raw brown leather off of a rack.

"Ah, not quite the itch you're thinking of, but yes."

"Before I go any further is this about Y/N?"

"What? No that's not it."

"Ah! Good man! Now, lesson one. A chief's first duty is to his people. So..." Stoick said grabbing a number then began Calling out to vikings waiting for their saddles to be made for their dragons.

"Forty-one?"

"Wha-- Could we just talk in private for--"

"Forty--"

A large Viking pushed past the crowd.

"That's me! That's me! I'm next! Hey, I was ahead of you! "

"If we could just talk--"

"Excuse me, I've been here all day! Okay, okay. I want one of those high seaters, with lots of spikes and big stowage compartment."
He said handing Stoick his number
41.

"Absolutely! You got it, sir!"

"Ah, Dad, this is actually a little more important than building saddles."

"Ah-ah! Lesson two. No task is too small when it comes to serving your people."

"Dad! Y/N help me out here!"

"Sorry Hiccup I'm busy."

"Oh, excuse us, Grump." Stoick said moving out of the way at the last second so he doesn't barrel over the dragon.

"Look can we just talk?"

"Ah! Grump! You let the forge die down again!"

Grump lights the blacksmith on fire. Hiccup jumps from the explosion and Gobber groans before pouring water onto the fire.

"That's it, Grump! You're going up for adoption!"

"One of these. And this..." Stoick said grabbing lose tools not paying Hiccup any mind.

"Ah, Dad--"

"There you go! Go on. Have away. Go do what you do!"

"Yeah, but seriously, I really need to tell you about this new land we came across."