Chapter Four

Forgo family, forgo friends
It's how it started, how it ends
I can't open up and cry
'Cause I've been silent all my life

Marina and the Diamonds-Numb

"It's funny how you call this an agreement, because unless you have short term memory loss, you'd remember that you were the one kidnapping me." She said slowly tapping her chin.

"What I remember, is you killing one of our men, so unless you want the same fate, shut your mouth." Ivon said while smiling coldly.

"I for one am up for doing the honours." Ivon's lookalike piped up.

"Francis you can shut up too, in fact it has nothing to do with you, so you can leave." Ivon challenged.

Francis stalked out mumbling something about it involving him, not before shooting a scathing glare at Florence.

"Now let's get back to business." Ivon said clasping his hands and leaning forward.

"How about you just, I don't know, let me go?" She said irratatedly.

"And what would be the fun in that?"

"I don't see any fun in this."

"Actually, I've decided that you're not getting a choice." He smirked devilishly.

"I have a feeling that I never got a choice." Florence mumbled.

"Very clever," he remarked,"here are some rules, stay in your room at all times unless you are told otherwise, don't bother me unless it's urgent, for gods sake, don't try and escape because it will end up failing like your last attempt, and finally, you do work for us without hesitation. Clear?"

"Crystal." She snarled.

They walked out of the office carried on through twisting hallways, it was like a mirror maze, she couldn't tell where the entrance or exit was. Ivon came to an abrupt halt which caused Florence to walk into his back.

"I'd give you a tour, but you'll be in your room most of the time." Ivon leered.

"I highly doubt that." She muttered to herself.

She trudged into the room that Ivon was holding the door open to. Suddenly the door slammed shut behind her and with it a gust of wind reminding her that she was was dressed in a flimsy t-shirt that was too big and shorts. Who had changed her clothes? She hoped it wasn't Ivon or Francis.

Florence took in her surroundings, she was in a large room, larger than she had expected, it was Victorian style, everything was white with tall ceilings and long windows that extended to the the top of the walls and had window seats adorned with midnight blue cushions, it was unusually homely. This wasn't what she should be feeling, in fact she should be feeling the exact opposite, she should be planning her escape.

On the opposite wall, a queen sized bed was pushed against the wall and the sheets, also following the colour scheme, were a nightly shade of blue. On either side of the bed were two creamy white nightstands with, you guessed it, blue lamps.

The room looked old fashioned, yet combined a modern style in it, she liked it, despite the fact that she shouldn't.

There were three doors in the room, one she knew led to the rest of the house and two unknown to her.

She cautiously walked up to the door to her left, it swung open as she twisted the doorknob and revealed a large bathroom, it reminded of her apartment, her bedroom was the size of this bathroom, now that she thought of it, she realised it was small for a bedroom. She wondered if she'd ever get out. Of course you will!  she chided herself, she was Florence Gardens! She'd never give up until she escaped.