Chapter 12

Warnings: Kai is just a very sad baby who needs lots of hugs and love.

Emmett slowly pushed open the crystal clear door, entering the crisp white room.

In an instant Kai's green eyes flicked to the sound and once they rested on Emmett's figure they immediately widened. His big eyes then squinted showing so much expression while his eyebrows pinched on his forehead. He let out a whine as he blinked a few tears out of his eyes.

"Oh Kai..." Emmett muttered softly as he strode over to the bed. His tall figure seemed to crumple and become small as he dropped to his knees so his face was level with The other boy.

A slew of mumbled words and whimpers fell past the green eyed boys lip's.

Emmett's hands began to run slowly though the sweat slicked hair. Brushing it away from Kai's moist forehead. The tall teen rested his chin on the edge of the bed, his eyes gazed concern and worry into the glistening emeralds.

"Shh... it's okay, I know it's scary. But it's okay. I'm right here, shh shh..." his voice was a low breathy whisper. His low cooing seemed to do the trick as his fingers brushed across the flushed cheek and feathered away the falling tears.

Emmett's chest felt tight, almost like he didn't know how to breathe. Inhaling seemed more like a task then a basic reflex. But none the less, he was so relived.

"Hur's..." Kai pressed out with a curt intake of breath. "Em-mm-it...hnn!" His voice was horse and laced with pain. Causing him to flinch, tensing his muscles around his ribs.

"Ah, Don't talk, it's okay. You're going to make yourself feel worse..." Emmett muttered as he flipped his hand and begun to softly rub Kai's thin cheekbone with the pad of his thumb.

"Hom-mme..." the small boy forced out through clenched teeth. He didn't need for him to say more, he already knew. Those green eyes were filled to the brim with fear.

"No, you're not going back there. You're safe now. I'm not letting you step foot their again." Emmett's eyebrows were furrowed while a frown pulled his face down.

Green eyes flicked closed and a shaky exhale filled the room with the soft sound of beeping machinery.

No. Kai didn't want to be here, home or even here. Too much. This was becoming too much for him to handle. Sure, Emmett's words helped. Hell, they helped a ton, but he really just didn't know what to do with himself.

Here he was in a bed. He is not allowed to lay in a bed. He was being fed, although, it was through a thin white tube, but fed.

His mind was cluttered, so many questions and anxiety bubbled up in his chest. What will happen if he didn't come home? Will she go try to find him? Or, worse, will she start aiming her cutlery towards one of his brothers?

His stress beginning to reach maxed levels, his heart rate picked up towards an alarming speed. Emmett's eyes flicked towards the beeping monitor before falling on the trembling boy once again, concern ever present in his eyes.

Emmett's hands immediately were running through the honey brown locks again. Trying his best to be reassuring and comforting. Without much thought words over flowed through his lips.

"I'm here. It's okay now, no ones going to hurt you baby. You can eat whatever you want whenever you want. You'll have a big warm bed with lots of blankets and pillows, I'll sit outside with you for hours so you can watch the birds, and we can watch Brother Bear whenever you're feeling sad. Everything is going to be okay now. Don't worry, I'm here for you now." His hushed whisper so low, only being available for Kai's ears.

Emmett listened closely to the heart monitor, relief flooding through him as he heard the erratic beeping dwindle down towards a reasonable rate. A half lidded green eye caught a blue one.

"Brother Bear...?" A quite whisper.

"Oh! It's one of the best movies ever! It's about these three brothers and one of them gets turned into a bear because of his actions and- oh wait! I shouldn't talk about it too much because then I'll spoil it for you oops." Emmett talked excitedly, his hands moving every which way and a large doofy smile graced his features before he let rumbling laughter take over after saying 'oops'. Kai couldn't help the small up lift in his lips.

Emmett may be big and tall, but he was adorable. The small boy smiled at his thought.

"I-I...don't think I've....ngh...ever seen a movie, b-but...I...I want to watch one...with you..." the sentence left him huffing softly form the pain, but left Emmett with airbrush pink dusted across his cheeks. Kai wanted to watch a movie with him. He was too damn cute for his own good. He had to add 'with you' didn't he?

"We can watch as many movies as you want, but I think you need to rest bright eyes. You shouldn't talk a lot right now, I don't want you to hurt yourself. I'll talk and you can listen, hmm?" His hand tracing down Kai's face and eventually found his small boney hand, lacing their fingers together. The taller teens face lighting up when Kai have a bashful smile before squeezing his hand softly.

Emmett talked and talked, he talked about his favorite music and favorite color, his friends, funny stories, about his fat cat that just sleeps in his room, he talked about everything. He let Kai completely into his world, and wanted to make sure that he knew everything about him. He talked so much, he didn't realize his parents left long ago.

Even though he was the only one talking, he could feel the other boy was strongly engaged. Emmett knew it would be a great distraction, knowing Kai needed everything and anything and he wanted to make sure that he was that person. That one person that Kai can feel like he can actually trust. The one person Kai doesn't need to be scared of. The one person who will always be there, who wants the spoil him and show him that he is amazing.

When Kai fell asleep, Emmett didn't leave. No. of course he wouldn't. This is Kais battle, but he is his clutch, his shoulder, his person. No if's and's or but's about it. He wants to show Kai how much he's worth, how amazing and adorable he is.

For one, he can't comprehend how his mother can even find a thread of hatred towards him. Kai is so lovable, so adorable, so kind. It hurts. It hurts more than anything to see him struggle through life.

What Kai needs is love. Lots of it and Emmett is happy to provide it all.

...

Hey hey hey!!!

Wow would you look at that! A chapter, kinda short but it's something and I think I really enjoyed this chapter. I really enjoy writing what Emmett feels because he feels so much. Also Kai is very fun to write because his way of thinking is kinda all over the place.

I think this was a very good progress chapter and I think we can ALL SEE A BUDDING RELATIONSHIP!

Let these two BEANs be together

I'm sorry everyone for the loooonng wait, but I've been doing colleges stuff and scholarships plus dance and I've been wrapped up in Mystic Messenger >~< 

I'm in love with defender of justice 707
SAVE ME OMFG

Buuutt, through all this I thought of a new story with two bois 🌚 named Nova and Jax and it's going to be about soulmates 🌚🌚🌚

Anyways...

❤️❤️Mama bear loves her some comments, they really do keep me motivated and I love reading them! Plus! I'm always open to messages, so feel free to messages!!! We can talk about NWTF or anything!!! :3 ❤️❤️