Chpater 11

Warning: just keep crying just keep crying because angst is great~

Emmett and his parents relocated to a waiting room, it was quite large with the walls painted a light tan color and the floor a sky blue.

Emmett shifted uncomfortably in the hard blue chairs u see his fathers gaze. His blue eyes shifter to his mother who sat on the opposite side of him which the same questioning look.

"So, let's not beat around the bush here. Tell me more about his home life." His father looked demanding towards him, his eyes were hard but also held concern.

"Kai lives with his abusive mother, from what he told me that she beats and starves him, but it's all very vague from what he has told me." His voice was hard yet it wavered ever so slightly as he talked on. "I also know that she...um...she...she used a shock collar on him."  Emmett's eyes down casted, traveling to the floor and avoiding both of his parents shocked faces.

"Emmett! How long have you known about this?!" His mother shot up from her seat. Strands of light brown hair fluffing up and falling back down to rest once again framing her face.

"A couple...months?" His voice toning down to a whisper.

"EMMETT EMERSON WALKER!" Her tone reached a new level of anger and disbelief. His father himself looked shocked and appalled.

"Why wouldn't you tell anyone?!  That poor boy was in that bad of an environment and you didn't even think to tell anyone?! What would've have happened if you didn't get to him? Or what if you didn't even take him here?!" Her hands moved frantically as she lectured and yelled. She was shocked. Emmett? Her son. Son of  not one, but two doctors didn't say anything?

Emmett clearly uncomfortable and wrong, slouched his shoulders in defeat. "I know. I mean...I tried to talk to him to maybe get him to talk to the police or something, but he was really against it...and...and I really wanted his trust. I just...ya know...I just didn't want to make him feel like he was betrayed when he was already being put through so much. I wanted him to have control for his actions..."

Emmett's eyes shifted up to meet his mothers eyes. He couldn't quite read the expression on her face from whether she was pissed or being sympathetic. He turned to face his father once more before he let out a long sigh.

"I understand you were trying to do the right thing, but dammit Emmett. He obviously needs a lot of help. Also from a doctors prospective, I'm about one hundred and ten percent sure that his mind isn't in the right place. Despite what he said, you should have reported everything you knew right away. But, you did bring him here and I'm proud of you for that. " Dr. Walkers voice held a very fatherly calmness to it, his face looked drooped and tired while his dark hair was slicked back.

Emmett gave him a half hare yes smile, satisfied his father was glad Emmett made the right choice in the long run.

The conversation died down with Emmett mumbling a bit for a reply but it was too low for both his parents ears to hear. Probably some smart ass comment, but maybe not due to the circumstances.

The family sat together while they watched some weird cooking show that was playing on the waiting room tv. The time just seemed to be  going by excruciatingly slow. Emmett every now and again checking his phone from the numerous text messages sent from Duke.

"Why is Duke calling you a fucktruck?" The tall man asked with a piked interest, looking over Emmett's shoulder.

Emmett just about jumped five feet in the air with his phone fumbling in his hand.