Chapter 1

Warnings: boyxboy, child abuse, self-harm, suicidal thoughts from the character, harsh language, and again child abuse!!

"Boy! Get your ass in here!"

Kai sat alone in the comer of his room. His legs pulled tightly to himself with his head resting on his knees. The devil is home. He thought. She's going to check.

He got up right away knowing he would get a good beating if he didn't get down right away. Fear consumed him as he made his way down the stairs. Her blue eyes piercing into his soul like a cold dagger. A very cold dagger. He could see the Popsicle stick she griped in her hand as he came face to face with his mother.

"Open wide dog!" she commanded as he obeyed. He's short, small, fragile, skinny, very skinny in fact. Every rib could be displayed on his body. She shoved the popsicle stick as far down his throat as she could till he began to gag furiously and dry heave. Nothing came up from his stomach as she pulled the stick away.

"I better not catch you eating boy unless I tell you! I find you pull shit like that again and the collar comes back on!" she threatened as her hand gripped his light brown hair in her hand. "Yes ma'am." he replied in a horse voice. He wanted to cry. Oh how bad he wanted to just cry out to the world, but that's a weakness. He wants to show the devil that she can't affect his pride when in reality, she shattered that years ago. She threw him into the nearest wall, his head colliding with the wall so hard he saw stars.

"Get out of my sight." She spat flicking her head the other way. Her golden-brown hair flying in the process. He kept a straight face as he walked up the stairs once again, not showing an emotion. Crying is a weakness... he reminded himself as he ignored the throbbing in his head.

Once again he sat in the lone corner in his room curled into a ball. "Why am I still alive...?" Kai asked himself as his voice cracked. He buried his head in his arms that rested on his knees. His stomach growled demanding food, only he hasn't eaten in four days.

The creaking sound of the front door opened up and he knew it was his brothers. For some twisted reason, his mother cared and treated his brothers just like any mother would, but he was a different story. by the time he was four, after his dad left Kai's mother started to hit him. Just a slap here and there. But of course, it only got worse. she began to beat him, starve him, making him sleep without a bed or even a pillow and blanket. She tired to make him drink bleach once. Another time she made him wear a shock collar for dogs as punishment for eating without permission.

Kai has countless times thought about taking his life, but he realized if he did that then he would be letting her win. He's tired more than once too, only to be caught then beaten. School was his only escape. He's always thankful when he has a project to do after school where he stays in the library. Only it summer, thankfully tomorrow is the first day of junior year. something he's been waiting for all summer.

He could hear the happy light conversations between his mom and three brothers. Actually, he doesn't even consider her his mother. She's not even human in his eyes, she is a monster.

"When was the last time I slept in a bed?" He whispered to himself as he lays down on the cold floor. He knows today he will actually get a meal. well not actually a meal, but the scraps that everyone didn't eat. These are his favorite days. Food is always on his mind.

"Boy!" The devil yells. He is going down the stairs immediately in a rushed way hoping not to be 'late'. He finds everyone sitting at the table with food on their plates. His two older brothers, Dyaln and Trey and his younger one Chris. They didn't acknowledge his presence at all. it used to piss him off, but Kai understands why they do it, they do it because they don't want their mom to treat them the same way. Kai wouldn't want anyone else in the world to go through what he's going through because its horrible to constantly live in fear. He can't even go to sleep due to the fact that he's scared the she's going to beat him in his sleep.

"Sit dog!" She commands pointing to the empty seat at the table. He sits obediently and watches them eat. she always does this to him. She makes him watch them eat while he sits there with no food. His mouth watering at the sight of chicken and corn. Mashed potatoes all fluffy and warm. The smells and sight of the food is over wheeling his scenes. He needed to eat.

Every now and again his brothers would throw him a side glance their mother not noticing. They all knew that today he would be able to eat so they made sure to leave a little extra on their plates, just enough so she won't get suspicious. Kai's dull green eyes were glued to his lap. He knows if he stares too much he won't eat.

He could hear the scrapping of forks on plates and words past from her and his brothers as he played with his fingers. A small smile crept onto his face. oh how much he wanted, needed to eat. A plate was pushed in front of him with disgust.

"Eat boy! You have ten minutes!" his mother commanded as be began to inhale what food that was on the plate. he took huge bites out of chicken, almost making him choke. Forks full of corn and potatoes mixed together. it was a meal made in heaven, for him at least. Every bite was something he had to savor, because he doesn't know when the next time he will eat.

She watched him from the opposite side of the table with a scowl on her face. Her light brown hair tied into a loose bun and a couple of stray strands of hair falling onto her face. It still stumps Kai to this day... why him? What was so special about him that makes his mother act like this? What did he ever do to deserve this treatment? Does she even know how much a shock collar hurts? Or how much his body hurts from beatings?

No. Of course she doesn't know, but even if she did she would still continue to abuse him.

"Times up fucker." she said it so nonchalantly as if it was natural. Kai pushed the plate to her and got off the chair to go back to his room. as he began to walk away her voice stopped him in his tracks.

"You little bitch," She started as she gave him a dumbfounding look with her arms crossed. "Who the fuck do I look like? Your fucking maid?! Come over her and pick up this goddamn plate yourself and put it away so I can beat your ass!" she shouted at Kai.

He gingerly walked over to her and picked up the plate only to drop it as she smacked him across the face. The sound echoed through the house as a red mark appeared on his face. "You dumbass! Why in the name of hell did you drop the fucking thing?!" she shouted as she pushed him on to the ground and before he was able to stand up she put a hard kick to his side, knocking the wind out of him.

He began wheezing trying to breathe as she repeatedly kicked and landed her fist on him. He knows not to fight back because that could only end up in a worse beating. They're would be not chance at fighting back anyways. She's bigger, taller, has more muscle, and is stronger. He barley eats so he's skin and bones, short, tiny, and weak.

"I wish you have never been born!" She yells at the top of her lungs in his face while he holds up his head. Her eyes screaming hatred. Kai's teeth clenched and his eyes prickled with tears. She's never said that one before and it hurt. It tore him apart slowly, his mind going haywire with a thousand thoughts at once. His head hurt, his body hurt, he just hurt everywhere. those words seemed to hurt more than any beating, any shock collar, any physical pain he has ever had.

I wish I could just fly away from here. From everything, but how can I? I've heard those quotes about 'spreading your wings and flying away', but what if

I have no wings to fly...

...

So this is my first story on wattpad and it's a boyxboy and I already gave a warning about that in the summary so I don't wanna see complaints about it! Don't like it don't read it!!

The themes in this are a harsh subject so if it bothers you, again DO NOT READ!!

Okay, sooo to the people who would like to stay and follow this story: I'm so sorry it so short T^T it was making me sad writing it...

Please comment/review and vote!! :)

it will make me happy and encourage me to write more and make longer chapters!!! <3