Chapter 14 (Wedding Ruiner)

As the door opened, I clutched my arm even tighter. "Regina! Did I hurt you? I'm so sorry!" She rushes in and immediately starts to cry. "Please, please, please forgive me! I didn't mean to, I thought you were back with him. I was so, so upset, so angry. I didn't mean to hurt you!" She says, rushing. I look down. "Regina, at least look into my eyes. Know that I mean it! Please?" I look up, to have my eyes met with sea-green, sorrow-filled ones. She looks at my arm. "It isn't broken, just dislocated." She says, I look down. "I can't marry you." I whisper, she shakes her head. "No, no, please, it was an accident. I'm so sorry." She says, I shake my head. "I forgive you, but, trust takes a lot, and you took my trust and broke it. You were willing to just leave. To walk out and leave me and Henry. I still love you though." I explained. "Can I at least hear your vows?" She asked. I shook my head. "I didn't have chance to write them." I say she nods. "I-I feel dizzy." I stutter, she lays me down, on her lap, and grabs her mobile phone, everything goes dark.

I wake up in the hospital, with tubes going into my veins. "Regina?" I hear an uncertain voice say, I open my eyes slightly wider to see a mess of blonde curls. "E-Emma?" I whisper, I feel her grab my hands. "It's going to be okay." She says softly. A doctor walks in, he smiles at me. "Uhm, excuse me? Would you mind leaving for a second?" He asks, in a flat, monotone voice. Emma nods and smiles at me before exiting. "I'm afraid I come bearing bad news." He begins. I frown. "It seems, you have an unremovable tumour in your brain. Which is what is causing you to faint. You also have a growing tumour just under the bronchi near your lungs." He says, tears form in my eyes and I nod. "We'll start chemotherapy right away, but-"
"No, I'm not spending the rest of my now-shortened life in chemotherapy." I say, cutting  him off. He nods and scribbles it down on his clipboard. "How long do I have?" I ask. He shakes his head and looks down. "According to the results on your MRI and those on your ultrasound, of those tumors keep growing at the rate they are, I'd say, three weeks without chemotherapy and five weeks with chemotherapy." He says. I nod and he leaves, Emma rushes back in. "What'd he say?" She asks anxiously. I turn away from her. "I have three weeks." I murmur. "I refused to have chemotherapy, so I have three weeks." I say. She looks at me, tears forming in her eyes. "This can't happen, I-I need to earn back your trust, I need to prove myself to you, I-" I cut her off by kissing her then smiling. "You proved yourself when you came back." I whispered. She smiled and tears rushed down her cheeks. "How am I going to tell Henry?" I ask her. She looks at me reassuringly. "I'll be there with you." She says, I nod and Emma leaves the room. She returns half an hour later,with weather sleepy-looking Henry. "Mommy!" He says quietly. I hold out my arms and pull him into a hug. "Hen," I begin he doesn't let go of me. "Hen, I don't have long left. Emma will be your new mommy, and I'll look after you, from heaven." I say, tears running down my pale cheeks. "But I want my mommies to both watch me from here." He cries. I feel my heart shatter.